Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweet, gentle Palmer

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Sweet, gentle Palmer

(((((hugs))))) Susan

I know anniversaries can be doubly hard and there is no time limit on the pain of missing them.
    Terry

Hi Susan,

These firsts can be so difficult to face and the first anniversary of the passing has been the most difficult for me. All the pain of loss, all the missed time together, even the happy memories can take us to our knees in fresh agony. But, thankfully, those firsts only happen one time.

I hope that from now on, the memories will be a bit sweeter, a bit gentler, and bring you only joy.

Many hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Susan,

You are handling this so well. You wrote such a lovely heartfelt tribute to Palmer. I love the duck part...

I know Bailey helps with the pain, jus like Ella helps with mine, but I know there are the moments where you just miss them so much!!

(((Big Hug to you from me!!!))) Darn if I don't have tears in my eyes now...
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

HUGS AND LOVE DEAREST SUSAN

I will forever remember the picture of Palmer and his duckie. The image in my mind always makes me smile.

love,
    Addy

Thank you all for replying. Thinking of Palmer does make me smile. It's just the pain of his not being here that's so bad.
    It is so nice to know we were able to share so much together.
    -Susan

I'm just stopping by to remember Palmer. It was three years ago today that we had to let him go. As I read back on what I wrote back then, it's every bit as vivid now. It's funny because I was gardening today and yesterday and Bailey was there with me. I was sitting in a chair trimming a bush, and Bailey was curled up under the chair so she could be in the shade. The next thing I knew, she was flinging dirt all over my shoe and sock. It reminded me of Palmer and his hunt for the worms. I never did figure out what she thought she was doing. It was just great that she wanted to be right there with me.

Palmer, I still miss you so. I hope there are lots of worms where you are now. I think of you often.

Love,
    Mom

Hi Susan,

Bailey did her job - she made those lovely memories of your sweet Palmer fresh again, she brought a smile to your face remembering his antics. She wanted you to know deep in your Soul that she and Palmer are very content to share your love, that, in fact, they take pride in being your babies. Bailey was simply reminding you that Palmer is still with you, still loving you as much as ever, and that Palmer remembers the worm hunts with immense pleasure.

I'm so glad you came back to let us share in your memories on this day and hope your life has been filled with much laughter and joy over the last few years.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

HUGS Susan!

Palmer lives forever in your heart.

love,
    Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Palmer-

Last Wednesday marked 5 years since you were here. Recently I have been having some of your pictures rotating on my desktop as screensavers. You just seem to have been close by for the last 6 - 8 weeks. Such beautiful deep brown eyes. Such a sweetheart. We had a very special connection. I miss that very much.

Love,
    Mom
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

What a sweet baby❤️❤️