Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201 LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Hi gang-
    I'm preparing for hurricane Florence (my Mom's name) and had a picture to share. This is a Monday picture and the storm is not expected to hit here until Thursday or Friday. The tide waters are already creeping up the driveway. Not a good sign. They are talking this could be worse than Hugo was. Flood insurance bill came in for renewal. Better be sure to get that paid on time!
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Oh my, Susan! I am hoping and praying that it won't be as bad as they forecast, I can't imagine how scary this is for you. Keep us updated and holding you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Ya'll take extra good care, Susan, and please let us know you are safe when you can!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Yikes, Susan, those pictures sure don’t look good!!! I’m now reading this morning that the storm may take a more southerly turn, though, so perhaps (hopefully!) you’ll be spared. But that also means that we may end up getting some of the remnants clear down here in Atlanta. I just feel sick, though, when I think of all the folks (and animals!) in the Carolinas. Looks like no matter what, they’re going to get hammered :-(((((((((((((((((

It's good to hear that it's been downgraded to a Category 2.

Still treacherous. But hopefully the damage won't be nearly as bad.

The worst part will be its slow movement inland and dropping unfathomable amounts of rain in the area.

Glad you got those insurance payments in! Still let's hope you won't need to call in any claims.
    Glen, Kobe's dad.

(pronounced Kobay)

Well-hello and happy Halloween! We have survived all the hurricanes and what flooding there was. We were pretty fortunate. No need to evacuate. We are leaving Saturday for our week in Sedona. We've been to Colorado and I had a very bad case of bronchitis for the whole trip. Real bummer. Still got to have a nice visit with Ellen's folks and a wonderful visit with my very good friend.
    Bailey has had a tooth removed-she badly chipped a molar and she also had some little bumps removed. She's doing okay.
    A very close friend is fighting cancer and two days after we return the three of us are going to go visit her overnight (staying at a motel). She adores Bailey so while she can still enjoy Bailey and recognize us, we're going to go over to her "other" home. She is our back door neighbor here. It's Gioblastoma. Very rapid moving.
    Once we return from that, it will be Thanksgiving. Can you believe it? We went straight from hot summer to cold fall here. No nice transition. I'm already yearning for Florida.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    -Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

Hi there, Susan, and Happy Belated Halloween to you guys! So sorry to hear about your friend. I’ve lost dear ones to cancer, too, during these past few years, and it totally sucks! How sweet that Bailey could go visit, though. A special visit to store safely away in the memory bank, that’s for sure.

We had a really mild and beautiful Halloween night, so I was surprised by how few kids showed up. I missed seeing all those cuties, plus we’re stuck now with tons of candy. Of course I bought stuff that I really like myself, so the big bowl is just sitting there on the table, beckoning me. Aaaaargh!

This was our third Halloween without Peg. I can hardly believe that. I always loved strapping that special orange collar on our big black girl. She always looked grand, and loved the attention and all the activity. Luna was so sweet last night, all on her own wearing a purple collar. She’s already ten years old herself, though. Where on earth does the time go??

Hope you have a great trip to Sedona, and when will you be heading down to Florida? Not until after Christmas?

Great to hear from you, as always. Tons of well wishes to you, Bob, and of course Miss Bailey!
    Marianne

Oh I'm glad you are all alright! That was a horrible storm and I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hey Sus,
    Stopped by the forum and had to say hello.
    Happy Turkey Day!
    I will check out the photos of our Bailey.
    I am glad you survived the hurricane, how scary.
    I hope Bob, Ellen and Ryan are all well.
    The other night we were at a restaurant celebrating hubby’s birthday and the restaurant offered S’mores prepared at your table. Of course I thought of you and fancied how great it would be if you ever wandered down to Milwaukee, how fun it would be for the two of us to share that special dessert while catching up on life.
    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and give Bailey a tickle from Auntie Addy.
    Always your friend;
    Last edited by addy; 11-22-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hallooooooooo friends! Can't believe Christmas is almost upon us. I don't know if I'll be ready this year. Our trip to the Grand Canyon was great. The weather was wonderful. A tad on the cool side, but better that, than hot.
    We did get back and went over to see our friend, with Bailey in tow. Unfortunately she was mostly out of it by then. She hung on for another 2 weeks. She lasted 11 days without water or food. They were concerned she might choke if anything were given to her. Memorial service was ten days ago. Very sad. It seems at least that she did not suffer and did not have any pain.

Ellen & Ryan arrive Thursday night and will be here one week. That will be really nice. We have a couple of things planned to do. Bob's planning on cooking a big whole filet of beef for Christmas dinner.

On the way back home from visiting our friend, I had (another) fall. It's amazing I've never broken a bone. Wound up landing on my butt really hard. I think this was actually Bob's fault. Wound up getting my back xrayed and visiting the orthopedist. Seems I bumped my 4th disc down a bit over my 3rd disc. Back still hurts badly. I use a heating pad whenever I can. I'm going for a massage this afternoon. Anyone have any of that pink bubble wrap left?

It's been VERY cold here in DE. We are planning on leaving for FL on 1/5. Since most of you are north of me, I expect it's been cold where you are as well. Happy holidays to all and a very happy New Year! Thanks for staying in touch. It's always nice hearing from you guys.

-Susan
    -C. S. Lewis