Page 190 of 201 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

I thought you might like it, Addy.
    Happy Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet and nice. Ryan is here through Monday and we're all busy decorating for Christmas. Bailey got some turkey......did Koko? Did it work out that your Mom was there? Enjoy your weekend.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Mom made it and did just fine. She was even reading the Black Friday ads in the paper.
    Kate and I bought new iPads and we're having fun setting them up together.
    All in all it was a wonderful thanksgiving. I am grateful for having such a nice holiday with all my girls.

I love my new iPad air and may never go back to my old laptop. I was even able to download an app for a word processor. Totally cool stuff I never knew about until now.

Having Kate home was wonderful. We even did lunch Wednesday.

Did you take pixes of your decorations? I hope Bailey liked here turkey as much as Koko!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

yep, the ipad is handy dandy indeed.

So glad to hear that you had a good holiday and mom and kate where both there. How cool is that.

love
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Susan, got those decorations for Christmas up yet?

I'm having a hard time getting into the mood for it this year. Haven't decorated at all yet, not sure how much I'll do. Things just seem off for some reason. Hoping the spirit kicks in soon.

We're planning for a quiet weekend. Maybe get my hair done.

Hope you are having fun. Is Bailey helping decorate?

love
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Susan

Is that foot coming right, hope the antibiotics do the trick! Sounds like you are having a nice few days of holiday with your boy home to help with the decorating. Mum loves Christmas but we usually put our decorations up on her birthday which is the 16th Dec. But this year it is her big 80th so we are going to go around next weekend and help them so the house is all amazing for her party which we are holding on the 13th! I have ordered a cake to be decorated like a garden and even with a little Elle (her Siamese) and a Flynn playing in the middle of it Exciting, love parties and lots of family coming to town to help her celebrate so we are looking forward to it!

Addy, glad your Mom made the party too!! That's awesome, sounds like you had a fun day with Kate home playing with the ipads... sometimes I think I underutilise mine not knowing all the ins and outs of it haha... love it though but still use the lappy when I am posting as typing on the ipad still turns into txt talk for me to try and cut corners I do use the forumrunner app on the ipad to check out the forum. It used to have a few glitches with crashing but I think upgrades have sorted those out and I have not had a problem there in months, highly recommend it!

Hope your weekends are going well and Sharlene your getting a chance to chill out in the hairdressers chair!! You need it after all the goings on in your life lately!

Group hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss xxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

How many more sleeps till Santa !!!!!!!

and she had nary a present in sight to wrap, no the wee lass was a tad late with her shopping.

BIG SIGH

don't know what I will do this year Sus- maybe shop Christmas Eve!!!!
    yikes I am behind!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

You won't be alone addy. I'll be out there Christmas Eve this year too the way I am going. Normally I am almost done by now. This year haven't even started. Argh!!!!!

Susan how are you doing with the Christmas shopping?
    I don't even have house decorated. I know you are well ahead of me on that front. LOL

Hi gals! Sorry I haven't been more active on here. Once I get to FL I will have more time.

Thanksgiving was very nice. Bob cooked the dinner. It tasted great as it always does. Ryan came up on Tuesday night and stayed through Monday. We got the tree up and decorated. We haven't done the rest of the decorating yet. I think that will happen tomorrow. No pictures yet but when I do take some I will post a couple. A neighbor sent me an email raving about how the front of our house is decorated. That was sure an ego booster.

On Saturday of that weekend, we did a day trip to PA to attend a post wedding celebration lunch. It was Bob's cousin's son and the guests were all Bob's Mom side of the family. It was nice to get to see them. Lots of them were congratulating Ryan on becoming the "next one."

Now the foot-Trish. Well, the foot feels pretty good...although it does seem a tad more tender lately. That may be from over doing it, though. The doc takes X-rays ever time I see him (every two weeks) and the last time I saw him he showed me the X-ray and pointed to a spot which shows up whiter. He feels fairly confident it is just the bone re-knitting itself but he wants to be positively sure there is not an infection going on in there. I do too. I've heard of cases where people got infections from surgeries unrelated to the knees and it made it so that they had do have their knees replaced. YIKES!!!!! So he sent me for a bone scan last week. We had to get there at 6:45AM. That meant getting up at 4AM as it is an hour away. They took some of my blood and sent it out for "spinning." That separated the white cells from the red cells. They returned with my white cells, added something radioactive to them, and gave them back to me. Then we had to wait 3 hours for those little cells to move on down to the foot....or just disperse within my body. White blood cells are the healing blood cells, so they rush to any infection they detect. So @ 2PM we could finally do the bone scan. Really nice people in this hospital, so it made for a pleasant visit. The scan took an hour and we were finally done @3PM.

Doc called me earlier this week and said the scan was inconclusive. Arghhhhh. Now I have to go to another hospital which is even further away and go through the same general thing, including getting there by 6:45AM. It is a more specialized test. That happens on Tuesday. The spoooky thing is that if there IS infection, I then have to have daily intravenous antibiotic shots for 6 weeks. I told the doc he was encroaching on my FL time. So that's where that sits. I looked this morning and there was a very small little pinkish area. I sure hope the next scan comes back negative.

Bailey got some turkey and was very happy. She's going through another itching phase. I wish I could help her more.

Ryan and Ellen come up next weekend (13th) and we're going to celebrate Ellen's birthday and Bob's birthday. Bob is the 11th and Ellen was the 28th.....while she was out in Colorado.

Addy-the pickles are back at Pier 1! I picked up one which I'm going to give to Ellen and Ryan to start them off with an ornament collection for whenever they have a tree....if they do.

Oh-shopping and wrapping. Definitely no wrapping done. I'm done shopping for Bob and Ellen. Still need to do Ryan's stuff. The wrapping card table will go up after Ryan and Ellen leave next weekend. We use the smallest bedroom as our wrapping room. That way it's out of sight and all the stuff you need is right there.

Well-that's my latest chapter in my book for you. I hope you're all staying warm. What are the temps where you are now Trish? Balmy? I think maybe one year we will go down to FL earlier and fly back for the holidays. This below freezing stuff and gray skies are why we got that condo! Sure wish I could be there. Soon.

Love & hugs,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Hi!! Always a bit embarrassed to say our temperatures when you are all freezing your butts off, but has been up and and down.. I have had both the air conditioner and heater going at various times this week! Wish it would make its mind up... hopefully warmer as it is now officially summer!!

Certainly party time here too, been out for a few Christmas drinkies with work colleagues tonight, very pleasant it was!! Big birthday next weekend, then will be Christmas before we know it. I have I think 3 small gifts, that I have brought through the year... Hmmmm but need about 20 presents so behind on that as well. One of the streets in town does this big fun shopping night with nibbles and wine in all the stores... it is on the 10th, so think with a wine or two on board the shopping might flow a bit easier haha.. that is the plan anyway.

So frustrating getting ambiguous results from your scan. Hope the next one gives you a definitive answer and that you do not need the extended course of IV ABs, pffft that really will mess with Christmas!!

My office at work is near our fabulous receptionist, she is a real festive kinda girl and spent 6hrs decorating her reception area, it really looks a picture, flashing lights, tinsel, tree, sparkly balls hanging everywhere on the roof... we not allowed to turn the lights on in there as she going for a Santas Cave kinda look!!! She said the music will be going on next week, oh joy!!! She also said I should get into the spirit and decorate my office, so I did my bit and dutifully put up my ONE decoration, a red glass heart on a ribbon and sellotaped it to my door... she told me I was pathetic hahaha

Girls, we should have a Christmas Party here one day I will bring the bubbles, Sharlene and Addy always have tasty food so will leave that up to them!!!!
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

I'm still laughing at the dancing dog video, so is hubby!

Merry Christmas Sus, I want to hear all about it
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko