Page 189 of 201 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Okay-who has the pink bubble wrap? Does Sharlene's BIL have it? Is there lots leftover? One week ago I was heading up stairs. Still wearing the boot...I graduated to the little shoe, but I found it a bit unstable. Not that the boot isn't, but it's still better than the little shoe. I made it up 16 steps with a large beverage in each hand. Kind of tricky, but made it to the landing. Then there are 6 more steps to go. I went to step up on #1, boot hit the step, instead of stepping ON it, and I found myself going backwards. Now I have 64oz. of beverages, total, in 2 cups and this would make a real mess were it to tumble over. I tried with all my might to regain my balance, but to no avail. When I came to a stop, I was head first, heading down those first 16 steps having thought to myself, I wonder when I'm going to stop going down? Well, it was down about 4 steps, where there is a curve in the staircase. Bob was not home. Bailey had been behind me following me upstairs. When I raised my head, I could see Bailey down at the bottom of the steps, thankfully she was quick to get safely out of the way, and she had the most unusual look on her face. She really looked worried. I assured her I was all right...that everything was fine. Fortunately no major damage. I did land on my left knee, the most recent of the replacements, and was concerned about that as it hurt for a couple of days. But it seems to be fine now and no longer hurts. In my attempt to regain my balance, and not spill all the liquid, apparently I landed on my butt first. I'm not exactly sure how I wound up on my side, going down head first. Well, it's one week today and I am still the proud owner of a HUGE purple bruise that is truly the size of both my hands, if they were side by side. And it still hurts like something awful. Even turning over in bed it hurts. I wonder if the Guinness World Book of Records has one for largest bruise ever?

I go back to foot doc today. We will be discussing how it seems like the big toe has not changed its position much. I think there may still be an issue with it going either over or under the second toe. All of the swelling is not gone, so I am hoping he's going to tell me that once that subsides there will be that little space between the two toes. I'm also hoping to graduate to regular shoes. I had my sneaks on yesterday and everything felt great.

P.S. ALL of the liquid spilled and it was a REAL mess.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

P.P.S.-I also see the knee doc today. He gave me a shot in the knee to see if it would help with the scar tissue pain and crunching. It's kind of hard to tell with the foot issue/boot going on, but I think it has really helped. I'm going to see about seeing him in May, when we return from FL, to reassess the situation.
    -C. S. Lewis

awwww Sus, I am so sorry to read about your accident. I guess holding the record for the largest bruise is better than having broken something.

I made hubby pound in solar lights around the gutter extension I tripped over last year so I would not repeat that episode.

As long as Bailey is ok and you have a bruise but nothing broken, I will count our blessings and send more pink bubble wrap asap

We are going to have to give you the nickname Bubble Girl Sus

What are your plans for turkey day?
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hi Addy-I'll keep an eye out for the bubble wrap.
    Turkey day is a bit different this year....yet the same. Ryan will come down either Tuesday or Wednesday. We will all get in gear to get the Christmas decorating done, inside and outside. We have to do it when we can get Ryan's help. Thursday, Bob will do most of the cooking and I think we will have our traditional turkey dinner. Saturday we have to make a trip to PA for a luncheon that is being given to celebrate the wedding of one of the sons of Bob's cousin. It will be a round trip in one day. We will all go together in one car and depending on where we are with the decorating Ryan will go home either Sunday, or Monday. Ellen is going to spend a week at her folks. Unfortunately she and her Mom are at odds at the moment, so I'm not sure it will be too great a visit. Her mother is displaying a personality change....and it's not for the better. Bailey will get to spend overnight at doggie camp for Saturday > Sunday.
    How 'bout you? Do you think your Mom will be able to make it? And how is she doing? I've not seen you write about her for a long time.
    Love,
    Sus
    -C. S. Lewis

Good gawd Susan! So glad you didn't break anything or damage that knee even worse, or well, I don't even like to think of the possibilities. Mailing you pink bubble wrap EXPRESS! You take care of yourself girlie!

Oh my, personality change! How weird is that, wonder what the dealio is on that. I'm sure Ellen will handle it fine, because of course she gets to come back to Ryan and family You can survive most things when you know they aren't long term. LOL

Got to run but you take care and no more two glass bobbling on the stairs!

hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sounds like a nice holiday Sus. I am hoping my mom will be able to come. Thanks for asking. I have had physical therapy working with her for the last few weeks but she tires more easily and it is hard to get her around. The hardest is getting in and out of the car and we have few options for wheel chair taxi/vans. I remain hopeful though I do admit my mom is fading now.

Next year Kate will be in Spain so happy to have her home this year

Sometimes weddings can cause differences of opinions. Hopefully, Ellen's mom will get better. I am glad you will have Ryan. Take pictures and post them of the holiday decorations. I would love to see them. I think you should be the supervisor, though, no physical labor

Thinking of you and yours.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

I remember you worrying last year about possibly losing both your Mom and Zoe. You Mom has done well, it seems. It's hard watching them fade.

Foot doc says as long as the bone is healing, I will continue to have swelling and he is confident I will have my little space between my toes when everything settles down. He has a small worry from looking at today's x-ray that there may be some infection in there. He doesn't think so, but he wants to know for sure, NOT. That means Monday I get to go to a different hospital which is an hour away from here and get a bone scan. I have to be THERE @6:45AM. They will take some of my blood, add something to it and give it back to me....then perform scan #1. An hour later they will perform scan #2. FOUR HOURS after that there will be a third scan. I'm going to take some audio books. He will have my results next Wednesday. He doesn't "expect" to find infection. I asked....what if you do? Then I will need to go on antibiotics for six weeks.....and it will have to be intravenous.....and I think he said daily. I told him that for now we would just assume there is nothing to worry about. I told him he was getting close to encroaching on my departure time for FL.

Then I went to knee doc. He was pleased that I am pleased. I asked again today and he told me that the shots, if they work, last anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. I told him I'd like to revisit the arthroscopic surgery possibility when I return in May. He wants to see me once before I go away. He's going to be on vacation for the last 3 weeks of December....which means I can't see him before 1/5. So it looks like a later than planned departure. He IS encroaching on my departure. And silly me, I had already purchased tickets for some shows, as a surprise for Bob, while we are there and the first one is on the fifth. So now I'm trying to resell those tickets. Maybe I'll make a profit!!!

It's 28 here and not even 11 yet. What is it in Wisconsin? Brrrrrr.
    -C. S. Lewis

I think the high yesterday was 11. I bought a new down coat, good to-30. After last winter,I have no intention of freezing outside.

I had a steroid shot in my shoulder years ago and then had PT and my shoulder recovered nicely. I never had another issue with it. Maybe the shot lasts depending on what is wrong. I was going to get one in my arm that had the fracture last year. I sill have limited motion.
    I hope the shot helps you a good long time.

That test sounds like no fun. I sure hope there is no infection.We will think positively.

Always something. MY cough is a bit better after 3 months or more and today's newspaper had a report about a link to heart problems and asthma. I told hubby I have been saying that for a year now I sure did nit need a study to tell me that

Have a great day.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

I know this is long-but I thought it might help someone(s)-:

"Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to ‘death’, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.
    Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: ‘No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.’ Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.
    It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.
    However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.
    When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: ‘Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.’
    When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)
    Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.
    But don’t get fooled. They are not ‘dead.’ There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.
    I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.”
    -C. S. Lewis

Oh Susan- thank you for sharing this. It is just a wonderful read and then to reflect on. I love the thought that the thumping in my chest is Zoe!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!! Turkey Day is almost here.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko