Page 151 of 201 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Hi Susan,

Sorry I didn't get around to answering sooner. Since this has never occurred with Bailey before I would be suspecious of the shampoo this new groomer used and maybe just getting too close to the skin on her. (irritation)
    How is Bailey since the bath you gave her? I'd use something for sensitive skin and moisturing to see if that helps, maybe even a conditioner. If it looks like dead skin is still there and keeps being dry even after all this time, you could take her to the vet.
    Was she itchy prior to going to the groomer to being with? I ask because dry skin will cause itchiness.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Susan,

Leslie just posted this on one of the other threads and I thought, yea, duh, this could be an option too.

Chamomile tea can help with itchies. Just make the tea as you would to drink it, let it cool, then pour over him after shampooing and rinsing - but leave the Chamomile on to dry; don't rinse it off. You can use it to spot treat as well but keep in mind that water based infusions (no alcohol added), like teas, don't last long - about 24 hours if kept in the fridge.
    hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Sharlene-
    She's much, much better since I shampooed her. I haven't run the flea comb over her since right after her bath, but she has definitely calmed down with the obsessive scratching. I'll try to remember to use the flea comb tomorrow and see what I get and I'll report back.

Thanks.

Hugs.
    Susan

Mary Beth uses a product from Zymox that helped Ali.

They have shampoo and a conditioner

https://www.zymox.com/to-order/skin-...-inflamed-skin

Sorry I missed you, have a lot going

I also ordered a product for Zoe's tummy for dry skin called Humilac. I did read it can make their coat a bit greasy so I was only going to dab it on her tummy with a cotton ball. They also make a rinse.

I have to run to work now but will look back at my thread at lunch to see which of the Zymox products Mary Beth suggested.

love ya
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

I
    am assuming Zoe is bothered by dry skin and that is why you are looking for a moisturizer? I'm looking at the Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo bottle(yellow label) that I use for Alivia. Just now noticed that it says "For Veterinary use Only" on the bottle, but I bought it online - Amazon, I believe. It also says, "Gentle on skin yet tough on bacterial and fungal infections" and also states that it is gentle and non-drying and that you can follow with "Zymox Rinse", which I have not used but looking at it online it is supposed to help with dry skin. Also, good to know, is that neither of these products interfere with "systemic medications". Anyway, I have had good luck with this shampoo for Alivia and it doesn't seem to be at all drying.
    from Mary Beth as promised

hope Little Miss is feeling better today and you as well!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Someone was here today who used to do grooming and she said the red tummy was from overheated shaver. I tried grooming on my own with Peaches, our first dog, and part of what scared me was how hot the shaver got. Well if he kept the shaver on her tummy long enough to keep it red for 24 hours, that could not have felt good. Like I said-they're crossed off the groomer list. I don't really get it because Palmer was groomed there his whole life and we had no problems.

I have not had a chance to try the flea comb today, but will report back when I do. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wednesday we board the plan for Siesta Key. I hope you've started packing!

Love,
    Sus/an

Packed and ready to go
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we there yet? Oh too early to say that?

Sharlene

How many more miles??????
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Quote Originally Posted by addy View Post
    How many more miles??????
    Suggested routes

1,023 mi, 15 hours 33 mins
    In current traffic: 15 hours 33 mins
    I-95 S
    But....we'll (you guys and me) be FLYING which is Two teeny weenie little hours and fifteen minutes......but then it takes two hours of driving to get to the airport first. And another 1/2 hour of driving after we land.

The guys at the bike shop have the bike all packed and are meeting me at UPS Monday @11. I am putting the final taping on the box full of paint supplies today. Then I will close up the #2 suitcase, lock it and weigh it to be sure it is under 50 lbs. Then I'll start the real packing of the clothes, etc. that I will need and whatever else I can fit in. I'm looking forward to getting away on my own. And then I'm sure I'll be looking forward to getting back home. Silly how that works.

Hot here today, but low humidity. Let's not forget to check in @11AM on Tuesday!!!

Love,
    Sus/an