Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Bailey and Friends

Hi!

I can be found here with a thread about Palmer. Palmer crossed over August 5, 2011. He had Cushing's. This forum has been invaluable to me.

I am 14 days, 8 hours, three minutes and 3 seconds away from picking up Bailey, a seven week old (as of now) schnoodle. I am excited as I can be and I just wanted to set this up so it's ready to go when I am on my trip for Little Miss Bailey.

Come and join my fun journey!!

-Susan

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

We will be with you, every step of the way, loving each moment. Susan, I am so very, very happy to see you so very, very happy and excited.

We can't wait for Little Miss Bailey to come home.

Love,
    Addy

Oh Susan,

I'm so excited to see this thread all set up and ready to go!! For everybody who wants a preview of Miss Bailey, here's a link to her photo album:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=307

Marianne

Marianne-is there a way I can move the album over here? Palmer's thread will remain intact, correct? I know I need to print it out....I have much of it already.
    Thank you Marianne and Addy for the welcome!
    Now-the question for today. Bob thinks if we are here, in the house, Bailey will not be n the cage, except at night (and I actually don't know if that is what he thinks as well.) The "routine" around here is that more often than not, you can find me upstairs in a very large room, where my desk & computer are. Bob, more times than not is either in the library watching tv or upstairs on the other side of the house, on his laptop and/or watching tv. We got the old crate down and I think that with some cleanup it will serve us nicely on the trip. It is roughly 20" wide by 20" high by 29" deep. It was Palmer's. It seems to me that Bailey and I might be upstairs together for some hours (other than potty trips outside). I was thinking I might need a cage up here, am I wrong? It's been 14 years since we trained a puppy and I don't remember anything about it except for I do remember saying to Bob-(re:house training) I don't remember going through this with Peaches. You know those people who sell puppies don't warn you about this just as they don't warn you about "the end!" [Not that it would make any difference.]
    If the past two dogs are any indication, Bailey will want to be with me, and I with her!). If Bob has Bailley, can already see him getting frustrated and asking "Are you coming downstairs soon??!!"
    I guess I need some help with how things are in the first few weeks, besides little sleep!! If I should have a crate up here, I need to order it now.
    Fourteen days from right now, we will already be heading home with Bailey!!!

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer's Mom View Post
    Marianne-is there a way I can move the album over here? Palmer's thread will remain intact, correct? I know I need to print it out....I have much of it already.
    Hi Susan,

Actually, your photo album is a part of your personal member profile page, so no matter what thread you may be posting on, the links to your albums will always remain the same. And yes, sweet Palmer's thread will remain intact, from beginning to end.

For those folks who want to "catch up" on all your earlier news about Little Miss Bailey, they can start reading at this point on Palmer's original thread where you first posted her "Birth Announcement"

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...7828#post47828

That was the beginning of this exciting new journey for us all!!

Marianne
    Last edited by labblab; 03-13-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: To add the link.

Hi Marianne-
    I think I would like to leave Palmer's thread just as it is. I just closed out on it, so to speak. I would like to have anything relating to Little Miss, Bailey, on the new thread. I am caught by surprise with how this is upsetting me regarding Palmer. I will definitely finish up his memorial piece this weekend.
    -Susan

paulawhitcomb Guest

Wow! You really totally calculate the exact time you're not on the side of Bailey. I'm sure you always excited to be with him.

Hey Susan, how are things going with you and Bailey and family?

We're back from the holiday trip, icebergs and whales for all.

I have to get my back yard whipped into shape soon as we have a work party here at the end of August! Man, do not let it rain I don't want all those people inside the house at one time!!! hahahaha

hope to hear from you soon and hoping Baileys' allergies have calmed down. Did you check into that med Trish mentioned?

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Happy Fourth of July!!!

The mosquitoes have arrived in Milwaukee I sure hope they are not bad in your neck of the woods.

I do hope you get to enjoy some fireworks tonight. We are going to sneak away to catch a glimpse of some local show. The big to do was last night over Lake Michigan but I had to work and if you go late there are no spots.

How is Bailey? How is the garden? I hope the hurricane stays far away from your coastline!!! Our yard is so saturated from the daily storms the lawn people can this week to say they could not even mow the grass!!! I noticed since I have kept Koko off our grass, he has not been as itchy. He does walk in the grassy culverts but I try to keep him on the road so I think he has an allergy to grass or a weed in our grass.

Have a wonderful weekend dear Sus!

Love you
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Helloooooooooooooo Sharlene & Addy!

Bailey has not needed to go to the vets for a reason, so I've not asked about Trish's suggestion for medication for the itch. Bailey is having major itch issues this past 24 hours. I never can tell what it is that stirs this up. I think she may be needing to get her sack drained and judging from a spot on the bedroom carpet, I think she successfully drained it herself when we weren't looking.

Addy, I've not seen mosquitoes yet, but I'm sure they're out there. They hide somewhere during the day, so I just have to be careful at dusk or dark.

The hurricane came by and moved right out. No beach erosion that I can tell. It dropped 3" of rain, but the ground took all that up. We have been bone dry for many weeks. With the rain, things are looking much greener. The winds were up, but nothing to cause any damage.

The gardens look good and I was thinking of you the other day, Addy, as I walked by a little mini hosta garden that I've created. Those are the newest plants and they're still not very big, but they are growing. I do a bit of the maintenance for the entrance gardens for our development and I sprayed for weeds and trimmed up 4 bushes there yesterday. I let someone else do the plantings now and it doesn't look like when I did it.....I planted annuals and regularly watered.....but it looks respectable.

Ryan turned 35 Saturday. How can that BE????? We visited with Ellen and him via Skype and he opened the presents I sent while we talked. Not as good as being there or here, but at least it's something. I think they may both come down later this month for a weekend visit.

I'm having the blahs. I can't seem to motivate myself. I did take a sketching class for two days last weekend. I was amazed at how much I learned and surprised to find out how important sketching skills are to artwork.

I do pop in and read the threads every couple of days, even though I don't often have much to add. Thanks for checking up on me. You're very important to me.

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis