Page 1 of 201 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Talking Bailey and Friends

Hi!

I can be found here with a thread about Palmer. Palmer crossed over August 5, 2011. He had Cushing's. This forum has been invaluable to me.

I am 14 days, 8 hours, three minutes and 3 seconds away from picking up Bailey, a seven week old (as of now) schnoodle. I am excited as I can be and I just wanted to set this up so it's ready to go when I am on my trip for Little Miss Bailey.

Come and join my fun journey!!

-Susan

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

We will be with you, every step of the way, loving each moment. Susan, I am so very, very happy to see you so very, very happy and excited.

We can't wait for Little Miss Bailey to come home.

Love,
    Addy

Oh Susan,

I'm so excited to see this thread all set up and ready to go!! For everybody who wants a preview of Miss Bailey, here's a link to her photo album:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=307

Marianne

Marianne-is there a way I can move the album over here? Palmer's thread will remain intact, correct? I know I need to print it out....I have much of it already.
    Thank you Marianne and Addy for the welcome!
    Now-the question for today. Bob thinks if we are here, in the house, Bailey will not be n the cage, except at night (and I actually don't know if that is what he thinks as well.) The "routine" around here is that more often than not, you can find me upstairs in a very large room, where my desk & computer are. Bob, more times than not is either in the library watching tv or upstairs on the other side of the house, on his laptop and/or watching tv. We got the old crate down and I think that with some cleanup it will serve us nicely on the trip. It is roughly 20" wide by 20" high by 29" deep. It was Palmer's. It seems to me that Bailey and I might be upstairs together for some hours (other than potty trips outside). I was thinking I might need a cage up here, am I wrong? It's been 14 years since we trained a puppy and I don't remember anything about it except for I do remember saying to Bob-(re:house training) I don't remember going through this with Peaches. You know those people who sell puppies don't warn you about this just as they don't warn you about "the end!" [Not that it would make any difference.]
    If the past two dogs are any indication, Bailey will want to be with me, and I with her!). If Bob has Bailley, can already see him getting frustrated and asking "Are you coming downstairs soon??!!"
    I guess I need some help with how things are in the first few weeks, besides little sleep!! If I should have a crate up here, I need to order it now.
    Fourteen days from right now, we will already be heading home with Bailey!!!

-Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer's Mom View Post
    Marianne-is there a way I can move the album over here? Palmer's thread will remain intact, correct? I know I need to print it out....I have much of it already.
    Hi Susan,

Actually, your photo album is a part of your personal member profile page, so no matter what thread you may be posting on, the links to your albums will always remain the same. And yes, sweet Palmer's thread will remain intact, from beginning to end.

For those folks who want to "catch up" on all your earlier news about Little Miss Bailey, they can start reading at this point on Palmer's original thread where you first posted her "Birth Announcement"

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...7828#post47828

That was the beginning of this exciting new journey for us all!!

Marianne
    Last edited by labblab; 03-13-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: To add the link.

Hi Marianne-
    I think I would like to leave Palmer's thread just as it is. I just closed out on it, so to speak. I would like to have anything relating to Little Miss, Bailey, on the new thread. I am caught by surprise with how this is upsetting me regarding Palmer. I will definitely finish up his memorial piece this weekend.
    -Susan

Hi-
    Just a quirky little fact that I just realized.....I joined this forum on my birthday in May of 2009. Peaches, Palmer's predecessor, started having seizures in May of 1994 (I think.) She had a seizure on my birthday that year....and that was when we knew we had to think about what we were going to do. Those seizures were so very rough on her. I just found it kind of "odd" that both dogs had come to a significant point on my birthday.

-Susan

I am sorry this is bringing up sad feelings and reflections for you. Maybe it is part of the grieving process and we have to go through it. Try not to be superstitious about Bailey and your birthday. I received the news about Zoe and Cushings on Zoe's birthday last year. I admit I am nervous about next month and will her birthday again bring bad news?

Everything works at its own speed, Susan. If you need to grieve for Palmer before bringing Litlle Miss Bailey home, that is okay. You will work through it.

I'm thinking Palmer's watching over you and approving of Little Miss Bailey coming home. He knows how big your heart is and he is confident of his place in it forever,

We are always here for you,

Love,
    Addy

Oh Addy-how sweet of you. I'm touched. This morning (late morning!), before I got up and before I was totally awake, I felt Palmer curled up against my tummy. It was such a nice feeling.

Today I cleaned out Palmer's crate. I don't know if we used that for Peaches as well, but I don't think so. That was kind of nostalgic as well. I thought to myself that Palmer would be happy that we were getting a puppy. He would be pleased that his crate is being used again. Bob said it was clean enough, but I knew Bailey deserved a very clean cage to start out in. It even has 2, 1' pads, in the bottom. The metal is stainless, I guess, and it had what looked like rust on it. I scrubbed and I scrubbed and I finally got it all shiny and new looking. I cleaned up the rest of it and washed the pads. I am hoping Bailey won't smell another dog's presence.

So we're down to the final week at home! I still have lots to do to clear away things, but it's all manageable....and it will help to pass the time.

I spoke with my neighbor and gave them two pink flamingos. The husband asked me if I wanted balloons, too...I said sure!! I told him they were two storks....pink storks. He said "They're pink FLAMINGOS!!" I said - "No. They're not. They're STORKS!!" He wanted to know how Bailey would know that. I said-"Oh, she'll know!" He said "I don't think so." Then I told him that Bob was to know nothing about this. Then he got it! I wouldn't be surprised to see the "storks" with a hanging diaper when we get back.

Sad, sweet and very excited feelings tonight. The sad is okay. I think it is part of the process. I can't believe it's almost here. I told one friend...."I'm going to get Bailey and take her away from them before they can remove any other parts!!!"

Hang on, Bailey!! I'm COMING!!!

Love and hugs to you, Addy.

Susan

Earlier this week I wrote......It seems to me that Bailey and I might be upstairs together for some hours (other than potty trips outside). I was thinking I might need a cage up here, am I wrong? (nobody has addressed this so far.) I don't plan to keep her in the cage all the time.....just times when I'm maybe at the computer or something.
    -Susan