Page 102 of 201 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Sniff, sniff.......Bailey is not here. We went for the pre-surgery consult and the doc said he had an opening tomorrow, if we wanted to leave her. I just called to check on her and they told me she ate a bite (she was fasting since midnight) and that she sure is cute.

She is going to have both knees done tomorrow. They are both a #3 out of a possible 4. We hope she will come home on Wednesday, if not, on Thursday. Palmer had both his knees operated on by the same doc....that was about 10 years ago, I guess. The problem is we have to keep her confined or restrained for 6 weeks. In the cage or beside me on the bed.

Long, long day. We left @ 10 and it is now almost 9 and we just got home.

All very good thoughts are welcome.

-Susan

(((((((hugs)))))))))
    I am sure she is in good hands. Six weeks will go fast. Did I tell you our 140 pound South African Mastif had to have surgery on his leg? We had to keep him quite for 3 months. He spent most of his day in my office. He made it through okay. Though there were days I was challenged

I will be thinking of Little Miss Bailey and you, dear Susan. I know how hard it is to have them away and in surgery. Try to keep busy, it may help with worrying.

Lots of love and hugs,
    addy, zoe and koko

we'll check in on you at lunch time.

Hi Addy....and thanks. I had severe pain in my neck last night (arthritis) and could not lie down. I had to spend the night in the recliner with a heating pad on my neck. Fortunately it allowed me to sleep. The pain is much less today.

We won't have any news on Bailey until mid-afternoon. I'll post once I get news.

Since we took Palmer there for 6 days of his last 10, I really did not like being in there but this is the same doc that performed surgery on Palmer's two knees. I am hoping to come away with positive feelings about the place....not that they did anything wrong. It was just bad memories of his last week.

When they took Bailey, I was crying. When we got outside I said to Bob....this is weird, I don't cry when Ryan goes in for surgery.??? I think much of it has to do with not being able to tell them what is going to be happening. They get put in an unfamiliar cage, with unfamiliar people all around, don't know why they are there or what they did wrong......and then they get some good drugs and when they wake up they are all disabled. I am concerned that the late operation today means we won't be able to get her until Thursday. It's just hard.

Love,
    Sus

I understand Sus. I said Saturday it is like taking your two year old to the doctor and worrying.

I had the same neck pain last night I'm not kidding, I had a heating pad on my neck also.

I can be positive about everyone else in our family when something happens or they have a surgery or medical problem. I dont cry, I face it head on, but with Zoe, I don't know, I'm like you, I get so upset and scared. I think it is because they are these tiny little helpless beings, you are exactly right and we can't tell them. So I totally relate and get it.

I am here for you.

love and hugs (((((((hugs)))))
    addy

Hi-It's 3 o'clock and they took Bailey in about fifteen minutes ago. I keep asking them for the status on Palmer. When I filled out the info sheet, I said Bailey was a male and neutered. Today I knocked over one of those super size Cokes.
    Anyway-he estimated 1.5 hours of surgery, if everything went well. There was one variable which he could not tell if he'd need to do until he got in there.
    At least she's sleeping. Poor sweety.

Oh the love we feel for them is so deep, so quickly......even if they still need training!

Love,
    Sus

Bailey is out of surgery! She did very well. There were three procedures that had to be performed on each knee. He could not know until he got in there whether the 3rd procedure was called for. From how he explained all of this to us, it's great that we caught this while she was so young. I am not bragging when I say it is because I kept after "them." The original vet (the one who moved out of town in the middle of the night!) told us when she did her new puppy exam that it might be a problem. Since then I have brought it up every time. I don't want to know how old she might have become if I had waited for them to tell us. We are certainly our best and sometimes only advocates. You really have to be proactive, as I think most of us on this forum are.

We won't know until tomorrow when she will be able to come home. At least she is in la-la land now.

I think I'll go get in the hot tub now. Addy-when you get off work, come and join me!

Love,
    Sus

Hey Susan!

Even though I don't have a chance to write very often, I always keep up on the adventures of our Little Miss. I'm SOOOOO relieved to hear that the surgery is over with, and that Bailey is doing good.

I know she's got a whole passle of sisters/aunties here to watch over her (Marie Irene and Addy Scarlet, to name a couple! ). But please give her a big hug for me, too, OK??

Always with my very best wishes to you both,
    Marianne

YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bailey is out of surgery! She did very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Big sigh of relief, Susan.

Last one in the hot tub is a rotten egg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont go to bed without checking in here for the last report.

love you very much,
    addy

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    Hey Susan!

Even though I don't have a chance to write very often, I always keep up on the adventures of our Little Miss. I'm SOOOOO relieved to hear that the surgery is over with, and that Bailey is doing good.

I know she's got a whole passle of sisters/aunties here to watch over her (Marie Irene and Addy Scarlet, to name a couple! ). But please give her a big hug for me, too, OK??

Always with my very best wishes to you both,
    Marianne
    Thank you Marianne. Thanks for your thoughtfulness and you can be sure, whenever I can get my open arms on her, she shall receive your hug.......and mine!
    -Susan

Hi Susan

I've been following along too and was relieved to hear that the surgery went well for your girl. It is truly amazing how quickly we fall head over heals for our babies so I get it. Be sure to give Bailey a hug from Auntie Glynda too.