Page 198 of 201 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2006

Thread: Bailey and Friends

Default Re: Bailey and Friends

Me, me, love chocolate chip cookies. Happy 4th, Sus.

Wonder what's up with the new owners of Bailey's camp? It's so hard to find new any thing. The stylist I used closed her business due to health reasons and boy do I need a haircut so I feel your pain.

Glad to not read of any need for bubble wrap, so pleased both you and Bailey are accident free. Hope the summer comes finally to BB.
    It's been nice here, lovely weather so far which is odd for WI.

Do you miss FL? Our daughter is there, relaxing on the beach for a bit of r and r.

Send over those cookies
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Quote Originally Posted by addy View Post
    Me, me, love chocolate chip cookies.

Do you miss FL?

Send over those cookies
    Didn't get to cookies yet,........but watch your inboxes!

I am kind of missing FL. But if I were there, it would be way too hot to enjoy now. We had rain today and then it cleared off and there was a lovely blue sky plus an pink/orange glowing sunset. Temps just under 80. That's my favorite place for the temp to hang.+

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

What you and Bailey are both accident free?!!! This is cause to celebrate! Cautiously.

I couldn't do florida in the summers but definitely wish for it in the winters. It gets bloody cold up here.

But summers in the north I just love. I could lose the humidity we get sometimes but it's still better than the cold.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Yup, Florida is hot, they ended up skipping their day trip to Disneyworld, it was just too hot, they stayed at the beach. Which means it's really hot. Daughter loved Clearwater. Wants to move there.

I can't do heat and humidity unless I am physically IN the water

How's Ryan and Ellen? Have any summer trips planned?
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Hey there Sus,
    Found you and Bailey on page two

Wanted to stop by to say hi and give you hugs. I think a few of us will be having a different kind of Thanksgiving this year but as hubby reminded me, we just have to make lemonade

Can you believe I have some crazy snap dragons still blooming? Not sure where they came from growing up through the landscape rocks a bit helter skelter, but blooming away in mid November. When I had them at the house they did not bloom all summer, these have been blooming since June. Who knew?

Was thinking maybe I might retire a bit earlier but then got a raise
    So guess I may be sticking around lol.

How's Miss Bailey? Seems like only yesterday we all piled in the car to go pick her up. Can you believe Koko turned nine or ten, we are not sure how old he is.

We are spending Thanksgiving with my brother so no cooking for me.
    My brother told me to bring Koko's bed in case we spend the night.
    Hubby looked at me like I was crazy to suggest it but I think my brother was thinking in case we had bad weather as he is almost an hour drive out into the countryside.

My sil and bil are coming to visit. They live in Manhattan. Hubby is happy to see his twin sister as it has been two years. We are celebrating their joint birthday with dinner at our favorite Spanish restaurant in the city. Should be nice.

Have you any vacations planned? When are you heading to Florida?

How are Ryan and Ellen?

Did I tell you with much trepidation, we purchased a new front loader and guess what? I love it! Though took me awhile to figure the dang thing out

Well, I guess I am done babbling, think I will go find my red sweater

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Love you!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Hi and belated happy Thanksgiving, Addy! My apologies for the slow response....just been busy.
    Well-we went out and had our "Thanksgiving dinner." The regular menu was available as well and I chose to order a nice filet. Bob had the turkey and enjoyed it. Not much in the way of leftovers, however.
    I took Bailey for a long walk earlier and was noticing all the little plants that are going crazy and starting to bloom, thinking they've already been through winter. I saw some azaleas with some blooms open. Our Japanese maple still has all its leaves. That's never happened this late into fall. We are also down 10" of rain just since September. If we don't get rain soon, I may not need to garden next spring!
    Bailey is approaching 6, can you believe it?? Cute as a button still.
    I think maybe it's good to work as long as you can, so long as you don't hate your job and are relatively healthy. How is that shoulder of yours'? I miss the social part of work. I don't really miss the work.
    How is your Mom doing? Was she there for Thanksgiving? I know you were looking into some sort of care for her.
    No vacation plans for now. We leave for FL around 1/6 and we will be back 4/15. It's going to seem very short. I'd like to spend more time there. It has been so dang cold here. We need to plan a vacation. We had a week in St. John at the end of August. Never stayed there before. As luck would have it, the week we were able to go was the slowest week of their year. Restaurants were closing down for two weeks. Nobody on the beach, hardly. That was nice. Enough restaurants stayed open that we still had a nice selection. They kind of close on a rotating basis, so that the tourists don't get totally stranded.
    Ryan and Ellen are in Colorado for one week for Thanksgiving. This is our first year without Ryan at Thanksgiving. Was kind of weird. They seem to be having fun out there. They both seem to be very happy together. Right before they left for CO, we went over and surprised Ellen and took them out for her birthday. It was a great success.
    WHY do you have a front loader? Aren't you in a town house? Or did I forget you found a house?
    The guys who put up the fence for Bailey mauled many of my leylands and now, five years later, they look like they need to be replaced. On the fence side of the leylands, they cut off all the limbs all the way back to the trunk. They were supposed to shape them up. I'm looking at needing to replace at least half a dozen. I stood and "watched" when they started and they were doing a beautiful job. Then I left them alone and at lunch time their supervisor came by to check and was mad at the lack of progress they had made. So for 1/3 of the trees, they lopped off all those branches.......and the plants have been in shock ever since. We replaced on this year but I forgot to move the irrigation and before I knew it the poor thing, which had been beautiful, was all brown. It's been dry all summer-so rains did not help.
    Well-we got the outdoor Christmas lights up this weekend. Looks pretty. I'll try to remember to post some pictures. Next is the tree inside. I'm trying to move this along nicely without tearing up the place. Bob doesn't like doing this, so I'm trying to remove any stress I can. Ryan is coming for a visit on 12/9, so I want to have it finished by then.
    Oh-I have an address for you in Mequon.....is that current? Where are you in relation to where you were? Nearby? I'm not familiar with Mequon.
    Thanks for sending hugs. I'm returning some to you.
    Love,
    Sus
    -C. S. Lewis

I stopped by to wish everyone a merry Christmas!!! It will come and go before you know it. Our crazy weather is 19 degrees one day, then 70 degrees the next-for real! And the wind is hovering around 45 mph. If you don't hang onto something you'll find yourself in the mid-west somewhere the next day!~
    Ryan and Ellen will be here Wednesday evening and will stay for the better part of two weeks. That will be a real treat!

Bailey is doing well. She woke me up last night to let me know I was about to roll off the side of the bed. Amazing! This morning she disappeared then returned with a little bouncie ball in her mouth and a very proud look on her face. And the little gal who once used to growl at every stroke of a comb-out now wags her tail wildly when she sees the comb come out. What tail she has, that is.

Hugs to my many friends. Best wishes for a very happy 2017!

Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

Well, Happy New Year and Happy 4th of July to my Cushing friends! I think of you guys often-really I do. I hope some of you will respond back with mini updates with how you are doing.

I am currently dog sitting for week #2 for a completely torn right rear cruciate ligament. What's that, you say-this sounds familiar? Yes, indeed. Bailey tore the left one 16 months ago when we were in FL. This time they had to insert a steel plate in her leg and the price for the surgery was double what it was then. All she was doing was running figure eights madly around the living room being excited about a visitor who had arrived. It was nothing unusual, to my mind. Dogs are supposed to run, right? Well, she is now "restricted for a total of 6 weeks and I can tell you she does not like it. She can not understand what happened to her walks or tossing of her balls. When she is more active we must keep this inflatable donut around her neck which she will tolerate as opposed to the cone which frightens her.

Bob's surgery went well and his recovery is continuing to go well. I went back into PT and just graduated. The trick now is to keep it going on my own. My past record is not very good at that. I hope to start a walking program.

Ryan & Ellen will be here for Thanksgiving this year, so we are starting to talk about going to FL maybe around Dec 10th or so. I hope everyone is doing well. Please let me know what's going on with you.

-Susan
    -C. S. Lewis

Susan! How fabulous to hear from you. Holy cow, poor Bailey. I remember when I had to keep molly restricted for 6 weeks with that back injury, it was NOT easy at all.

We've adjusted to life minus Molly in the house. Can't say I like it but I can't change anything and I'm not ready for another furry member to join us just yet. Maybe some day, maybe not.

Instead, we've traveled a bit and hope to do so more. Hard when we both work bah humbug. I need an early retirement I think. hahahah

My friend bought a place down in Florida, then her brother bought one in the same complex, now her sister is thinking or might have already bought a place. It seems to be the "thing" around here to do. They are on the mainland in Bradenton across from Anna Marie island I think she said.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hey Susan, so great to see you!!!!!

Poor little Bailey, and poor you! But I know it'll be well worth it once she's all healed up and fit as a fiddle again.

It looks like we last spoke at Christmas -- can you believe we're really only six weeks away from putting up the October Halloween decorations and heading straight down the holiday road again. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO????????

Things have remained pretty much status quo around our house. Luna is doing great and will soon be celebrating her 9th birthday. Still to our great surprise and relief, she continues to do very well as an "only dog," so we continue to postpone any concrete thoughts about expanding our fur family. My mom is still living in her own apartment at the retirement community, hubby is still working full-time, and I still putter around the house avoiding the chores I ought to be doing and spending far too much time tapping away on my iPad . But at this point in our lives, "status quo" is suiting me pretty well.

I miss seeing so many of our old K9C regulars, so it's a delight when we have the chance to catch up again! Thanks so much for your update. I'll soon be opening up our K9C Holiday House once again, so please, please, please be sure to stop back by this fall. In the meantime, it's swell to hear from you!

Marianne