Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a boy!!!!!! - Brick has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: It's a boy!!!!!!

OMG Carrol, I've been teary all morning since saying goodbye to Brick and that beautiful poem just sent me over the edge. I'm definitely going to share it with Brick's other benefactors. Thank you.

I just finished reading this thread, and that poem sent me over the edge too! What a wonderful happy-ending for this wonderful little boy...what would the world be like without angels like yourselves.

I've been doing rescue for 11+ years, and stories like this one never, ever get old.

Lori, it's nice to meet a fellow rescuer. Do you have a house full of furbutts too? When people ask me where I live, I tell them in a kennel.

I just got a call from Dehx and Brick has done it again. She had him for five whole hours and was attached already. She got all teared up when she had to say goodbye at the airport. I believe our guy is winging his way to Arizona with a lovely lady who is also smitten. Brick the heartbreaker.

Oh, Carrol, thank you so much for sharing that beautiful poem. I was bawling my eyes out by the last line! Every mom and dad of a blind baby should read this at least once! And so should those who throw them away. I've got to share that on Trinket's FB page....Brick will have a page of his own soon, too!

After two hours of trying to understand a lady who works in customer service for airline that Brick is flying in on and make myself understood to absolutely no avail, I gave up and called security. If you want to know where something is in an airport, call security! They told me where to park to be closest to this airlines security area, and how to get there. The route is mapped out and written down so I know which exits to look for. The truck is full of gas and cash has been obtained. Now to pack some thing for all of us, throw that in the truck, feed the girls supper and try to go to sleep early - RIGHT!

I keep looking at his videos over and over just oooing and aahing. With a bit of luck, we will all be together at last this time tomorrow and I can look at him in person!

Hugs,
    Leslie and Brick
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie,

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear you have Brick in your arms, what a lucky little boy.

Jenny

Leslie,
    I have no words to describe you and what you and a few others here do to make such a meaningful impact on so many precious babies in desperate need of a home and plain old love. You are amazing! I wish you much joy with the new little boy. Warmest regards, tight hugs and much love to you, Squirt, Trinket and Now Brink. Xo Jeanette and the Princess

UPDATE: Brick arrived in Arizona and is spending the night with his personal flight attendant near the airport. The latest report is that he slept during the entire flight to Arizona and he now has another woman who wants to keep him all to herself.

awww.....so glad to know he made it safe to AZ and can rest up a bit for the flight tomorrow....if his newest conquest will let him, that is!

We are ready to go other than putting the things in the bags we will use in the morning. Squirt and Trink have had their supper and been out to potty. So I am going to shut the computer down, pack it in it's case, crawl in bed and at least rest a bit. I hope to be on the road no later than 4:30am....bright tailed and bushy eyed!

I will be in touch as soon as possible! Til then -

Many hugs to all,
    Leslie and Brick, our little Lover Boy!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Whew, relief, none of you are in St Louis today with the bad weather.

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF

Just got home and need to read all of the threads and watch the videos.

Stay safe driving, Leslie.

Hugs,
    Addy

Glynda,
    Three x-large pups is all my hubby can handle (and my wallet as well)!

I have friends that foster for me as our 7-year-old "baby" won't tolerate another dog in the house other than his brother and sister. I do what I can when I can...have 2 I'm working with right now.

My family doctor asked me last week if I knew of any "houndish" dogs that needed a home, as they had recently lost their old boy. I just about fell off the exam table!! I ran home and faxed him a picture of a young Blue Tick Hound mix boy who has been waiting forever for a home...and I'm bringing him to their home for a visit tomorrow evening.

My house and truck are covered in hair, and toys, and leashes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!