Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures with Obi: HE'S BAAACK!!!!

Default Adventures with Obi: HE'S BAAACK!!!!

I had been kind of cruising local rescue websites & the humane society for about 6 weeks. I was not intentionally been looking for a Harley "clone", but did I ever find the cutest little girl right before Christmas. She is a Shih Tzu/Poodle mix who is going by the name of Confetti by the moment. The rescue is usually at my local PetsMart on Saturdays, but I knew they would not be there yesterday. I was heading down there for lunch this afternoon, & about had a heart attack when I saw the rescue. I whipped into a parking place, ran out of the car as I could see that Confetti was with them. Rescue told me she was about 2, her paperwork from their vet says 7, which they disagree with. I will get her to my vet ASAP, & let him make the call about age. She is a love bug, just wants to cuddle. I went home & got Chew, took them for a little walk with no problems. I'm not sure Chew really knew she was there because of his vision, but she did bump into him a couple of times, & Chewy didn't react at all, kind of saying, "Oh, I guess there's another dog there". I've filled out all the paperwork & will pick her up Weds. on my way home from work. Thurs-Fri. are my days off, so I can be here to make sure introductions go ok, & she settles in. I'm thinking that she will be Arwen, after the elf princess in Lord of the Rings", but Winnie for short. I've got no pictures yet,l but check out the following link. Go to the "available" tab, 4th page, & Ms. Winnie (Confetti) is about 1/2 way down the page. I'll post my own pictures once she gets home.

It's a good thing I had filled out an on-line adoption application as those potential adopters take priority. The rescue folks told me that Confetti was the star attraction today, & practically everyone was looking at her.

http://mixedupmutts.net/index.html

Debbie
    Last edited by StarDeb55; 01-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Default Re: A New Year begins with a new family member

Oh Debbie she is beautiful.

Sometimes things just work out how they are meant to.

A new year and new challenges and also new joys and successes.

Can't wait for more pics.

Jenny

Congratulations, Debbie! Arwen, Winnie, is a beautiful as her namesake!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

They have a way of finding us, I think, when we need them the most.

I am so happy for you Deb. She is beautiful.

Hugs,
    Addy

She is a doll.. please keep us posted. Kim

Woo Hoo ... Congratulations, I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet her. She's a cutie
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Ms. Winnie is adorable! Congrats, Debbie!!

How exciting.....she's so adorable!! So I guess it is a very Happy New Year for you two!! Congratulations! Looking forward to more pictures....
    Jo-Ann

Debbie, I think it's awesome that you are getting a new rescue baby. I checked out her pictures and she is adorable. If she is as mellow as she looks, I think the adjustment period will be fast and easy. You'll have to keep us posted and I'm sure I'm not the only one that is looking forward to more pictures.

Simply.. beautiful ...!

well wishes coming your way ,

Catherine & Natcho ..