Thread: In Honor of Junior

Default In Honor of Junior

"We hold them in our arms as long as we can, then we hold them in our hearts forever."

How true that statement is! I held Junior in my arms for the last 3.5 hours of his life as I sat in my armchair. Junior died peacefully from complications due to Cushing's disease. It was very painful for me to lose him. I got Junior when he was 5.5 years old and it seemed like he was not treated well before he became mine. During the 4.5 years that I had him, I babied Junior to the point to where he never left my side. If was as if Junior finally found the love he so desperately needed.

Default Re: In Honor of Junior

I know Junior found the comfort and safety he needed most during those final hours there in your arms, held close to your heart where he will always reside. With each beat of your heart, Junior heard how much you love him and with every beat of his, he told you how grateful he was for that love. When his faithful heart could beat no more, he crossed The Bridge on the wings of your love. What more could any of us ask than to be held by one who loves us so deeply when our time comes.

Today, Junior is strong once again, running in the Rainbow Fields with the wind singing in his ears. There he will wait til it is your time to cross that Bridge, where he will be waiting with his tail wagging, joy unbounded because he knows then you will never part. In his heart of hearts, Junior knows you found the love you so badly needed in him, too, and that kind of love lives forever and ever.

We would love to share in your memories of your sweet boy, to celebrate his life with you. When you feel up to it, know we are here, ready to honor him with you. Junior's name has been added to our Remembering list for 2011 -

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2865

If you would like the date of his passing listed, let me know and I will be happy to add it. Also, if you would like a picture of Junior in our 2011 Remembering album, please send a copy to k9cushings@gmail.com and we will take care of that for you. We would love to see his precious face and keep his memory safe here for you.

Our sympathies,
    Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

A Simple Message From Your Pet
    by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.
    For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and
    returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me
    so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve
    not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.
    My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am
    as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and
    the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play
    and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints
    and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know
    that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such
    as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.
    Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,
    and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I want to join Leslie in welcoming you to our family. I am deeply sorry for your loss of Junior, but I am very grateful that you are allowing us to join you in celebrating Junior's life and the loving bond that you two will always share.

As Leslie has said, please do return to us at any time that it may bring you comfort to do so. We would love to hear more stories and to share in more memories. And we are also here to support you through the difficult times and the painful thoughts and feelings. All who join us here know how much the loss can hurt and how empty our lives can feel when our sweet companions are no longer physically beside us.

I am so glad you have found us, and I sincerely hope you will return to tell us more.

Always in loving memory of your dear boy,
    Marianne

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I am so very sorry your Junior has passed. Junior was a very lucky boy to be with a loving family. Please stay with us.

Terry

Thanks to all of you for your compassionate comments. God, I miss my dog, Junior. I am not ashamed that as a man, I cried as I read your comments. It is so refreshing to find others who really care about their pets. My grandkids like to remind me that I often referred to Junior as a humog (human dog) because Junior communicated so well with me when he wanted something, like a treat or a ball that rolled under the couch. Junior passed away on August 16, 2011 at 3:30am. I will send a photo of Junior. Again, thank you all so much!
    Last edited by Da Godfather; 08-31-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Junior's date has been added by his name in the Remembering list for 2011 and I can't wait to see his precious face in the album.

There is never any shame in tears that fall for love of others and it is obvious how much you love your boy. The bonds that grow between us and our babies are never ending, extending beyond the veil of death into eternity. When our day comes, we will once again hold our babies in our arms and our time with them will never end.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Junior's photo has been placed in our "forever" album, and it has now been linked (along with sweet Katie who is holding him ) to his memorial line.

I love your creation of the word "humog!" What a perfect description of our dear companions who are so sensitive to our needs and our feelings, too.

Thanks so much for returning, and best wishes always. I'm hoping to hear some more stories about Junior (and Katie, too!).

Marianne

I'm very sorry for your loss. Many hugs to you.

Lynne, Angel Clyde and Angel Bailey