Thread: Checking in for November 2010

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for November 2010

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for November 2010

..We are still here , but my little fur baby ...is giving up the fight ...wont be with us much longer, i have given her all my love and devotion .. and a lovely life ..hugs and kisses to all that have helped us along the way ...
    will post again soon ...Catherine.

Administrative Note: A copy of this reply has been placed in Catherine's own thread about Ebonie. So if you wish to reply to Catherine, here is a link to her thread: http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1769.

My name is Lisa and I fear I'm at the beginning of a long road ahead with my little man.

Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like your dog was not only given plenty of love but gave it too. You both are blessed.

I am so relieved to find a forum of people that care for their dogs (I see a bunch refers to them as "furbabys". I love it. So true!) as much as you all do. I almost feel embarrassed when I speak of mine and someone doesn't get it. I've already learned so much lurking around and look forward to giving and getting some support. You are all so knowledgeable and kind.
    Best,
    Lisa

Hi,
    It's been a while, but I wanted to check in before more time got away from me. It has now been 2 years since Serena had her radiation treatments. We had a scare recently when her urine's specific gravity got low. I was worried that the DI was back which might mean the tumor was growing. Fortunately, I had noticed that on two occasions, months apart from each other, she had tried to pee every two feet during a walk. The vet tried her on Amoxi for two weeks and we tested her urine again. This time it was within the normal range. So now she is on Amoxi for a month to make sure the problem is resolved. The vet said it was a kidney infection, but her kidney values were OK. Serena has lost a little weight and continues to dare me to get her to eat. The other weird thing is that she was on medication for hypothyroid but became very sensitive to it. Even the smallest dose made her hyper. Without the Soloxine she is sort of mopey and her fur looks bad, so I am very slowly trying to give her small doses of the Soloxine. I was wondering if anyone else had had this experience?
    All in all, we are managing well.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    January and Serena

We are stilling doing ok......Zoe is now on 300 mg of Keto and Melatonin/flax..........she is slowing down but still eatting and playful at times. Her symptoms seem to be in check with the increased dose and her last liver enzymes were all in normal range. Sadly we lost one of our guinea pigs on the 17 Nov 10 the vet thinks she had a ruptured tumor in her belly with a heart murmur. We visit this site often and pray for all our fur friends that have passed onto rainbow bridge and send hugs to all the family's dealing with health issues with their fur babies.
    Take care,
    Heather and Zoe Claire