Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinket-our little bauble! has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Trinket-our little bauble! starting Lysodren

Keeping everything crossed for good news from Dr E. Thinking about Trinket and y'all

Oh my goodness Leslie. I'm sure your heart is pounding. When do the other results come in and what does Dr. E say?
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hope was strong until about 30 minutes ago....now I just don't know. I reported in to the vet about 7 this morning, telling her how good Trink was doing but in the last hour or so things have changed dramatically. I found a small spot of vomit in the living room and now she does not want to be picked up or held. She acts panicked when you lift her and when you put her back down. She cannot settle but lays maybe a minute then is up turning in a circle and moving around, trying to get comfortable it seems. My itty bitty girl is not well but what our options are from here... ????? I'm gonna watch her a few more minutes then if things don't' start turning the other way we will be on our way back to see Dr. Erikson.

Dr. Erikson tried to talk to me about "being realistic" yesterday afternoon when I picked her up but both of us ended up crying in the waiting room, unable to voice that thought. Dr. E loves Trinket a great deal, they all do up there, everyone who has ever met her loves her. She's just so sweet and so so so tough. She commands respect and bathes you in love in exchange.

My precious itty bitty girl, our Little Bauble.........
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Leslie. Your K9C family is right there beside you in spirit, always. Sending my prayers and well wishes flying up to you girls!

Thinking of you and sweet little Trinket this morning.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Praying for whatever is best for your itty, bitty girl, Leslie....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Well after talking to a friend who slapped me around a bit to bring my back to my senses (blubbering mom and all ), I threw Trink in the truck and went back to the vet. She vomited twice more on the way up and was able to settle after that. Her vitals were good, no fever, physical exam good and they did an xray which was good all things considered - lungs no worse than last time, no fluids in lungs or around the heart, but the heart is a bit enlarged. She is not tender in the belly, which was a relief as Dr. Erikson and I both were worried about this growth on her adrenal but thankfully that does not seem to be the case. We left the vet with the assumption this is food related. She is eating a home-cooked diet of cod, sweet potato and beef liver. She has done well on it for several months but ya never know. She started eating a new batch Sun when she got sick the first time and has been eating that since she got home. So something in the food may be off or her little tummy may have just decided it wasn't going to do that right now. She rode home ok and did ok for a bit at home but vomited twice more while I was at the store getting some rice and beef for her...bland diet on the way!

Dr. Erikson wants to stop the Lyso and there is really no reason to continue it. Her cortisol is not responding (even tho I still have doubts about that diagnosis in the first place ) and while it did shrink that growth on her adrenal that has leveled out and the added chemicals from the Lyso are just not worth it for her with everything else she has to deal with, her other meds, and her age. It's a waste of my money and not doing her that much good. In addition the added vet visits and blood draws needed to monitor stress her out no end now...being at the vet period stresses her out these days unless I am holding her. She did do ok left in the cage for IV fluids but if they came to mess with her she got stressed so the ACTH's would be iffy any way.

Yesterday afternoon when I went to pick her up after day 2 on IV fluids she had an episode of some sort. Dr. E said she got really upset taking the IV out - it probably hurt. Her breathing was alarming and wouldn't calm down. It reminded me of Josie, my little foster that had the tumor between her heart and trachea - VERY rough and raspy, thudding on the exhale. We watched her a few seconds hoping being with me would calm her but it didn't so Dr. E gave her some Lasix and we sat in the waiting room for a while to see if that would help. I had to go pee and when I sat on the toilet Trink squatted and peed on the floor by me. We waiting a while longer after that and she breathing slowed enough I was comfortable leaving with her and Dr E was comfortable with us goin but it was SCARY for a bit there! Her breathing was a bit faster than normal at home but nothing like at the clinic. She had a couple of episodes of that harsh breathing after 9PM last nite but they didn't last long at all and she has had no more that I have seen...and I think I would hear her no matter where she was in the house!

She has had a tough few days since Sun afternoon but I am going to hold firm that she will get back in balance with some new food. I wasn't at ALL sure of that last time I posted but feel a bit better after the vet checked her out. Dr. E is off today but we are still in contact several times a day and I know she was on the phone to the vet who saw her as soon as I hung up from reporting to her what the exam showed.

Thank ya'll....I love this little baby as much as I do Squirt and I'm no where near ready for her to join her sister and others, I'm just not. So I will keep fighting as long as she does...and ya'll keep praying.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Still have everything crossed, sending good vibes and hoping that things will turn around and start to improve with the change of food.

Oh Leslie, I know you must be consumed with worry for your little itty bitty girl. I do hope that there is something that can be done to help her. She is such a doll and not a more lovely personality around.

big hugs and white healing light to you my friend
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

You got it, Leslie. Healing prayers and positive energies on their way.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha