Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinket-our little bauble! has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Trinket-our little bauble! starting Lysodren

As Shana said, we are here for you Leslie, our arms are outstretched and ready to embrace you both. Prayers being said and sent.

Love and hugs, Lori

Maryland but currently staying in Indiana

Leslie, we are all thinking of you and little Trink; I hope she has stabilized by now. I just read about lots of allergic reactions to Seresto flea collars, but none associated with Lysodren. This is very bizarre and I can only hope that she will pull thru this. And, with your help she has a great shot.
    Skippy's Mom

Quick update since i am sick...Trink is holding her own. She has improved a bit - she is sitting and standing with no help; takes a few steps in the yard and holds herself up to pee; and she is drinking a bit on her on. But she still refuses to eat even with the Cerenia on board for 3/12 hours now. It worked quickly the last two doses but this one not so much. I give her a few drops of honey water every few hours...that is the only thing she will take from me, everything else she either spits out or it simply falls out the side of her open mouth. But I'll take the absence of jerking and the little bit water she is taking on her own for now. More later...back to bed for me, right beside Trink.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick Leslie. Hopefully nothing dire.

Great that Trinket is holding her own and not getting worse. Just waiting for the update that she is eating on her own and getting stronger.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Still keeping everything crossed, sending positive vibes, and saying prayers. I too have read about reactions to the seresto collars so think that the Lysodren is a red herring, and that the collar has caused the problem on it's own.
    Hope that when you read this you're both feeling at least a wee bit better.

Maryland but currently staying in Indiana

I'm hoping you both are recovering from all that ails each of you.
    Skippy's Mom

Trink finally ate a small amount, maybe a tbsp, of baby food around 2:30-3 yesterday afternoon then another teeny bite, about half the first bite, around 8:30PM. She continued to drink on her own and was sitting, walking, etc a bit better - still very weak and weebly-wobbly but moving on her own for short distances in the yard to pee. She hasn't fallen over outside since Fri evening. This morning she woke up around 6 hungry! and ate almost half the contents straight from the baby food jar! I put the rest in a bowl for her but she was thru for then. Around 8:30 this morning she did eat another tbsp or so. I don't plan to give her any Cerenia today and hope her morning appetite is a sign she has finally turned the corner. She has not been able to keep any of her COPD meds down since Sun morn but other than those few respiratory episodes early last week her breathing has been ok....in fact this morning it is actually good with nothing on board to help her breath. She does have a little bit of nasal mucous so I plan to try to get her pill for that down later today - we do NOT need pneumonia again!

As for me, I do feel better...as if the sicky part is done and that washed out feeling and a headache is all that remains. We have two Yorkie males staying with us for a couple of weeks who came in yesterday - horrid timing and if this hadn't been arranged long before Trink got sick they wouldn't be here...but here they are! I was too sick and exhausted to get a place ready for them before they came so yesterday they had to stay in wire crates. This morning tho I got the expen set up and they are now happily humping each other. I would love to let them have full run of the house but neither one is neutered so they mark horribly....and I am not having that again so the expen (seating in a sea of peepee pads! ) is where they will spend a good deal of their time. My babies are confused about the loss of the LR floor space but they will adjust. Trink is the one that will have the most trouble if she is up and about before they leave and I certainly plan for her to be! But she is sharp and will quickly learn a new path around the pen to her favorite spot....if not I will figure something out!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Leslie, make sure to take care of yourself. I am thrilled to read that Trinket's appetite has picked up and will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs, Lori

Yay, so glad that Trinket ate a bit. Just not eating is likely to make her feel weak, so I'm hoping that with further appetite coming back, she'll also regain strength.

Oh lordy girl! 2 humping yorkies! ROFLMAO!!! I'm sorry but that is just such a funny picture in my head and I love yorkies, but golly. hahahaha You do keep things hopping around there.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Trink did so well Sun I thought she was over the hump but yesterday she slid backward again. We are going to see Doc B this morning if we can to see if fresh eyes can find the problem and solution. I don't know if Dr. Erikson et al have given up on her or what but I don't feel like Trink needs to go back to see them right now. I'm doing all I know to do and it is not enough so Doc B is our last hope.