Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinket-our little bauble! has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Trinket - our little bauble!

The news for Trink is not good..and please excuse my typing, I am having trouble seeing hte board. The Albuterol didn't help much so we went back today. Xrays show her heart is almost twice normal size, taking up most of the chest cavity and squeezing her lungs, making breathing difficult. A normal heart takes up 3 1/2 ribs; Trink's is taking up 6 1/2 ribs. He was surprised since listening to her heart it sounds to be in good health. We came home with Lasix and Enalapril with instructions to check in with Doc on Monday. He said this usually improves things quickly but....

I started crying in the exam room and haven't stopped. I've been preparing myself to lose a couple of the older babies but not Trinket. She's only 10.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Leslie, I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope that the new meds help and the Doc is right - I'll be praying for all of you, especially Trinket.

Leslie -- sending lots of prayers and healing thoughts your way. Hopefully, the meds will kick in quickly!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

More prayers and healing thoughts surrounding you all.

Okay deep breaths Leslie. You haven't lost trinket yet and if the doc says that the meds usually improve things quickly, then there you go, maybe it will do so for your Trinket too.

Now, her heart sounds good and there is no fluid built up around lungs right? Just the pressure from the enlarged heart. Did he say if the heart will decrease in size with the meds?

We're going to just dry those tears up, because she is a spirit to be that won't give up easily. Lets see where the next few days take us and what they see on Monday.

You can do this. We are here and will be with you every step of the way.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Dearest Leslie,

I haven't logged on to the forum in a long, long while, but for some reason today I was drawn to come and catch up on my so missed family and babies, only to find this post on your little bauble. I am so saddened to come to this, but I hold your precious Trinket and you in prayer and in my heart.

Who loves you....muahhh.

Tight ones OOOOOO.
    Jeanette

Trink is doing better on these meds. Her coughing is less frequent, of shorter duration and not as harsh as it was. She slept better Fri. night and slept well last night, waking only twice that I heard to cough a second or two, literally a second or two not 30+. She is still drinking quite a bit and has asked to go out at a couple of odd times for her. Typically she goes out 2-3 times a day but has asked to go out more tho not excessively by any means. I am taking her out as it is important that she pee more now and that should be happening with the Lasix on board. She does pee for a longer time than she did before however.

We have an appt with a Dr. Laura Erickson at the same hospital where I took Squirt for her IMS appts and the same IMS will be consulting with Trink. He is Dr. Larry Nafe. We see them Tues. morning at 9 and I will let you know what we learn and what plan they propose. I have also contacted Monica Segal and she will work up a diet for Trink to help the heart and kidneys hopefully. I do feel better with things coming together - I don't feel so helpless as I did. I promised Trink I would fight just as hard for her as I did for her sissy and we would walk every step together.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I forgot to add that I am concerned about her appetite. I am having to hand feed her to get her to finish her meals and just had to poke the Enalapril down her throat as she would not take it in cheese - something she loves and will not be able to have much of at all any more.

Leslie, I am sorry to read Trinket is having problems but I know she could not be in more loving, competent hands.

Keep the faith and we will all keep you and Trink close to our hearts.

Much love.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

I'm stopping her meds per Doc's initial instructions because she is refusing to eat period. She wouldn't finish her breakfast, ate about half, and has no interest in anything I have offered since. She didn't even make an appearance for supper then tried to bury what I brought her. Doc said if she lost her appetite to stop the drugs. She had her Enalapril at noon and isn't due another til noon tomorrow but is due another dose of Lasix at 8pm - she will not get that but I plan to try to get her to eat some cod and sweet potato plain then. It will have been 12 hours since she's eaten anything by 8pm. Have I mentioned I'm worried?