Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinket-our little bauble! has crossed The Bridge

Unhappy Trinket-our little bauble! has crossed The Bridge

Hi ya'll,

I have some joyous news to share! A new baby is going to join Squirt and me in our home soon!

Her name is Trinket, she is a Chi/Pom mix we think, weighs around 4 lbs, is white with orange splotches and an absolute doll!!! They aren't sure of her age just yet, tho. She is currently in CA with our angel, Glynda, who rescued her and decided we would make a good home for her.

Trinket's former owners neglected her badly. She had glaucoma that was ignored til she went blind, leaving both her eyes to bulge painfully...then they dumped her at the shelter where she was ever so lucky to have had Glynda find her. Both her eyes are going to be removed; one already has been taken out and the other is coming out this week. Then after a recovery period, she will have a dental to remove a tooth or two, then spayed when they will also fix a hernia she has. After that, she gets to come HOME!!!

Glynda had told me she was just a love bug, wanting to just sit in your lap all the time. THEN after her eye was removed, they picked her up from the vet and the little scamp climbed up on the car console to go exploring in the back seat! She felt that much better after removing just one painful eye! Once she is done with all her procedures, there is no telling what kind of spirit will shine through!

Glynda has warned me that everyone who has seen her falls in love and wants her. Trinket is such a doll it's no wonder! Now Glynda can tell them all, "She has a mom waiting on pins and needles in ARK!"

Last nite I got to imagining her climbing around in that car and feeling so much better, I got all wiggly with joy! If I had a tail, it would have been slappin' my sides like crazy...but since I don't, just picture a Corgi butt waggin'! LOL

I will share pics of her later...I have some of her pre-surgery but don't want ya'll to pity her. So I will post some "before and after" later...just take my word, she is absolutely darling!

There are no words to explain what a true angel Glynda is. For those of you who don't know, she goes into shelters looking for those babies no one else would touch and takes them in. She and the rescue she works for love these precious souls back to life, making sure they get the vetting they need no matter what, and finding good forever homes for these once lost babies. If you want to see a great example of what they do, look in this section, Everything Else, for a topic on Willa and Webster. An amazing story brought about by our own amazing Glynda and the rescue she works with, Mutts N Stuff.

That we have been approved to take Trinket into our home and hearts moves me more than I can say. This one gesture from Glynda has brightened my little world beyond belief. Thank you, again, my friend, for the trust you have given me in placing Trinket with us. Tears of joy are a wonderful thing to experience.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls - always.....OMG! more girls again!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Trinket - my little bauble!

Oh Leslie, I am sitting here with tears of joy in my own eyes. I am so happy for you and for Squirty and especially for little Trinket. For sure, Glynda has been her guardian angel just as she has for so many other babies. Trinket could be in no better hands now than with Glynda, and also in the future when she finally comes "home" to her Mama Leslie.

Enormous hugs to you all!!!!!!!!!!
    Marianne

Oh Leslie!! You are going to be Trinket's forever mom?? She is so precious! I have cried ever since I first saw her. I am so excited and happy for that dear little thing. She couldn't be in better loving arms than yours. Just had to say how much I love you for this. Now I will finish reading your post. Just read the first few sentences.

About our dear Glynda. I don't have the right words to express my love and gratitude for what she does, but she is one awesome little lady angel whom I love very much.

Oh Leslie!

I, too, cried when I read your post, tears of happiness for precious Trinket as she is now going from Glynda's loving arms to a forever home...YOURS!!!! I am so very happy for Trinket and you!!! You and Glynda are so wonderful and I love you both so very much.

Love and big hugs,
    Lori

Leslie

What fantastic news! Yes Glynda is one amazing lady ... you are also one who will soon be giving this little treasure a forever home. She sounds adorable.

Angela and Flynn

Leslie,
    I am so happy for you, Trinket and Glynda. I think you all are awesome. I am looking forward to frequent updates.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Thank you all so much! I am just so thrilled!

Just heard from Glynda and Trinket may be sicker than we first thought. Her kidney functioning is now in question and blood work is pending. Her first blood work came back perfect so apparently they didn't test for kidney values then or there has been a mistake somewhere. Regardless, she still gets to come home to Squirt and me! No matter her prognosis, Trinket is loved and wanted, and she will never again doubt that.

Almost one less day til I get to hold her and hug her and kiss her!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the GIRLS - always
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Woohooooo, Leslie. You and Glynda - both angels in my book. When I first saw Trinket, my heart broke for her. But to know that she now has the best possible home she could ever get - or imagine - is the bestest news ever. You've made my day! Sue

Oh Leslie! Bless your heart for taking Trinket. She is just so cute and so precious. She will be in a very good home with a very loving and caring forever mom.

I admire you, Glynda, and all of the terrific people that do rescue work and fostering. It breaks my heart when I see all of the posts from the different rescue groups.

Take care my friend. Give both of your furbabies hugs and belly rubs from me.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky