Thread: What happened??

Default What happened??

Wondering what happened to the older site/forum? I've been searching for you all for quite a while...such a great resource. Just found this while searching for info on post ACTH test #'s, and couldn't log in, had to re-register.
    Mackey's Mom (Lori)

Default Re: What happened??

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey's Mom View Post
    Wondering what happened to the older site/forum? I've been searching for you all for quite a while...such a great resource. Just found this while searching for info on post ACTH test #'s, and couldn't log in, had to re-register.
    Mackey's Mom (Lori)
    OMG! Hi Lori!!!

The owner of the old Cushing's messageboard apparently just decided to shut it down one day. None of us had any idea that she was going to do it. We were all taken by surprise.

Shortly after the other forum was shut down, a bunch of us (Admins and Mods from the other site) got together with Natalie from the k9diabetes forum and we started up this new site. We tried to find as many of the members as we could, but we didn't have the contact info for everyone whom we wanted to find and tell about our new "home".

You will see lots of familiar faces here, I think - other folks from the old site who also managed to find us.

Sooooo glad that you have found us now too!

P.S. In addition to adding an avatar picture, members here can post several albums of pictures and only logged in members will be able to see the photos.

You can leave comments for any pic, too, just the way we used to in the old gallery.

To find the most recently updated albums, click on "community" (top of page when you are logged in) then on "pictures and albums" -- and note that there may actually be several pages of recenty updated albums.

To make an album or two of your own, go to your user cp and click on "pictures and albums" (left side of your usercp page) then follow the prompts.

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Lori,

Am soooo very glad you found us!!!!!!

Terry

Welcome back, Lori. Glad you found us.

Glynda

Hi Lori!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you found us, and we'll be looking forward to your first new update on Big Mackey!! Hope he's doing well!

Marianne

Hi Lori!

Welcome home!

Looking forward to catch-up time about Mackey!

Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls - always
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Well, I'm glad I found you all too!!! As I've said before, the information from your forum helped Max (and I) more than any vet I've seen. Because of you, I had access to good information and experiences, not just any garbage posted on the internet. You helped me weed through it all!

The big guy is doing well. Have a new vet, one who practices eastern and western medicine. He does not know a lot about Trilostane, our treatment of choice, but he's open-minded and respects my opinion, and knowledge of my boy. Max (aka Big Mackey) had an ACTH test on Wednesday and his post test was .08. He is now off his Trilostane and we will restart in a few days on half the dose.

You do not know how excited I am to have found you!!! I screamed when I came upon the site; my husband thought I was losing my mind! But I feel a certain degree of comfort knowing "the experts" are out there and I can find them.

Hugs from Big Mack and myself....

Omigosh - Lori and Mackey. It's been awhile. Glad to hear that Big Mack is still hangin' in there and especially glad that you tracked us down. It's always good when one of our long lost friends finally shows up here, at the new place! They are still trickling in - every now and then. Sue
    Last edited by zoesmom; 09-03-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Hi Sue! How's Zoe doing? The big guy is doing okay...cortisol is too low, his weight has dropped, so no meds for a bit, and then 1/2 dosage. Little frustrating since I know more than the vet about Cushings and about Trilostane. That's why I'm so glad I found you all (that and I missed reading the posts and chatting with our "new" Cushing friends.

Will post pictures soon...he looks the same, just more gray (like his mama)!

Lori