Thread: Checking in for August 2010

Smile Checking in for August 2010

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for August 2010

Hi I'm still here and finding my way around the boards.

Tomorrow Mr Harry attends the vets to have blood screening 10 days after commencing Vetroy.l

I am still lurking and watching all that is happening. I wish you all strength in your Cushing's battle.
    Loraine (Coco's Mum forever, was also Zedley's Mum) now Iggy's Mum

Our "sterile" urine culture came back NEG today. So thank you to the extreme to StarDeb. Too bad I wasted almost 20 days to get the ok to do the stims test via vein. I really hope it points directly to something as this vagueness in the LDDS, and the thyroid tests are tough on both of us.

We are still here ..posted some new pictures of my girl.
    had a carcinoma removed from my face and got a black eye.. ebonie keeps staring at me, she is so funny....
    keep up all the good work... peoples, Catherine

Default Re: Checking in for August 2010 - Annie's Mom

"No news is good news" from me and Annie! Annie is "stable". Her arthritis continues to get worse, but she loves her daily walks and wants to move faster than her creaky bones will allow. I started accupunture treatments to see if that will help with her mobility and overall health. She's had 4 treatments (1 per week) of "aqua-accupuncture" (B12 injections) and 1 treatment of electro-stim. I haven't seen any real outward signs of improvement but I figure it can only help her. She continues to get UTI's. I'm not surprised... Fortunately for Annie, our summer has been extremely cool; I'm yearning for warm/hot weather! Thinking positive thoughts for everyone and their furry friends. hugs to all, Barb and Annie

Default Re: Checking in for August 2010 - Annie's Mom

I just posted a new video on my thread of Rebel playing. He is doing well.
    Love from,

Melissa, Angel Rebel, Angel Sadie & Sammie