Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rozee on her new Wheels (Rozee was laid to rest)

Default Re: Rozee needs prayers and healing thoughts

Thanks for asking

Rozee is confined to a small playpen for now. Playpen is one of those "Play and Pack" with wheels, so she gets wheeled around to which ever room Pattee is trying to unpack or the kitchen when she is cooking. She feels special and of course she is. When I'm in the house or on the computer like now, she is lays next to me, she wouldn't have it any other way.

We are anxiously waiting for her wheels to arrive. Hope she only needs to use them for a 8 to 12 weeks to keep the pressure off her hind legs.

Still using the towel to support her hiney when she needs to do her business. She doesn't like it but is starting to get used to it.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

John,
    I'm sorry for your Rozee and for your heartache knowing she is hurt and temporarily incapacitated. However, please take heart we all believe in you and know you will be there for your precious baby during her recovery and will continue to provide her with your unconditional love and care. Hang in there John. You will get Rozee through this. We luv you and Rozee sooo much. Xo Jeanette and Princess

John
    Thanks for the update on Miss Rozee. I have every faith that she will recover from this. Did the Doc mention anything about rehab after she comes off the "wheels" or will you just cross that bridge when you come to it? I am so sorry you had this to go through but am waiting for the posting (no matter how long it takes) that tells us she is back on 4 wheel drive. Chloe & I send our love and wishes for a speedy recovery so you all can enjoy your new home!
    Much love and a million tail wags,
    Carrol & Chloe

Our thoughts and well wishes are with you to.. ebonie and Catherine..

Hi John,

Sending prayers and healing thoughts for Rozee. Can't wait to see pics of her new set of wheels when they arrive.
    Love,
    Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx

John, Looking for an update and sending warm thoughts. Kim

Thanks

Rozee is in confinement and she hates it! She has never been confined in 15 years. She is spoiled rotten but we already know that

She is okay in the "Play and Pack" playpen until I come in or sit on the couch to get on my computer. Then she whines like a little girl until I pick her up and let her sit next to me on the couch. Then she is perfectly content. I don't dare go into the kitchen without her as she is afraid she will miss out on one of Pattee's homemade treats LittleBit has once again been a blessing, she is willing to get in the playpen with Rozee and seems to give her a calming effect and they both sleep almost on top of each other. It is so cute.

I can't tell if she is in any pain and doesn't act like it, so have started cutting back on her pain meds. Think I will finish out the week with her Metacam (anti-inflammatory) I do give her a melatonin in the late afternoon to relax her and lower her anxiety level. She really wants to play and we both miss our nightly ritual of running through the house then RV and now house again to be the first to get one of her favorite toys and play keep away. Even LittleBit learned to get involved and play our game.

Wheels should be shipping early next week. I think that will help her more than mommy and daddy supporting her with a towel. Then it will be on to 12 to 15 weeks of wheels, then and US to check her knees for improvement and possibly a knee brace recommended by our vet at k9braces.com. She seems to want to stand on her left leg but we are discouraging her from doing so. Needs more time to heal.

The wheels we ordered have a special balance kit option that should help keep the brunt of the weight off her front legs as we don't want to over burden her front legs. Will post pics when we get her into her new wheels.

She's a pretty tough girl at 15 but I think she's only admitting to being 9 years old

What amazing parents this sweet girl has! Rozee will be just fine with the two of you at her side - of this, there is no question.

Can't wait to see the wheels! This may be an option for Squirt on down the road so we are curious. She says to tell Rozee, "The key to being confined is to look as pitiful as possible at all times...someone will usually take you out and hold you a bit."

Keep up the good work!
    Hugs,
    Leslie and Squirt
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Any chance that you can let her swim some place or even take her to hydrotherapy? That would be tremendously helpful for her injury and strengthen her muscles without putting weigth on her leg

And also, you can do some calm, inside the playpen games with her. That will help her relax and will make for some quality time together For example, you could take three glasses/cups/boxes and hide a treat underneath one of them. Let her "sniff" out under wich one the treat is hiding Or use a hankerchief or one of her toys if you don't want to use treats (or else feed her a bit less during mealtime so the extra treats won't be "extra")

All our best,

Saskia and Yunah

Hi Saskia,

Actually they just started excavating today for Rozee's pool. One of my requirements for moving back to Arizona was for a pool for my pups and me of course. Rozee loves or loved to swim. I put her and Roxee in our pool when they were puppies so they would learn how to get out in case they ever fell in. They have been aqua pups ever since. Vet wanted us to wait about 3 weeks before we do any aqua exercise, pool "should" be done in about a month. In the meantime I have been massaging her thighs and using a warm heating pad as the vet said it would help increase the blood flow which in turn will speed up her healing process. In the meantime, I may have to look into a local aqua therapy center for her.

I will try some calming games with her this evening, it will probably help me more than her. but it should be fun. Thank you, your input is always respectfully welcome.

BTW...how is your foot healing up?