Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rozee on her new Wheels (Rozee was laid to rest)

Default Rozee on her new Wheels (Rozee was laid to rest)

Hi All,
    Just wanted to share with my friends and ask for some prayers and healing thoughts for our Rozee.

As some of you may know we just moved from TN to AZ and into our new home last Saturday after being on the road for 7 weeks. In the last hour of being in the motor home, Rozee took a tumble and had to go to the vet. Vet took x-rays and did the standard manipulations of her knees. Felt it was a bad sprain in her left knee but also dx'd luxating patella's Put her on metacam and said she should be alright in a week or so. We have been carrying her everywhere, to eat, to do her business just trying to reduce the strain on her.

Today I noticed she couldn't get up so rushed to pick her up and took her again to the vet. Different vet, same practice. He did the manipulations. He said she had damaged the ligaments in her right knee and would need surgery. My reply was I was not willing to take that risk as she is 15 years old and have been through this with my Roxee girl but only on one knee. Roxee was much younger.

Now trying to teach her to go potty with a towel to support her rear end. She does not like it but finally peed but I know she needs to poop.

She is now on metacam, 10 mg tramadol, and 500 mg methocarbamol.

Can't believe this has happened, we don't let her jump up or do stairs because of her age and stature. I was just bragging on her that she didn't act like a 15 year old, was always ahead of the pack, loved to play and run, pick on LittleBit, Mickee and Kittee. Now this She just loves to play with her toys and always goes to her basket of toys to bring me one, and if I ignore her, she gets very vocal. It's a nightly ritual. Pattee and I just feel horrible for her and are mad at ourselves.

So some healing thoughts and prayers for a quick non surgical recovery would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Default Re: Rozee needs prayers and healing thoughts

John, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please don't be mad at yourselves. Accidents do happen, and you really aren't to blame. I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers that Rozee will heal without having to have surgery. The Corkster and I are keeping everythig crossed that surgery won't be necessary.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

John,
    Definitely sending mega healing thoughts and prayers for Rozee.
    She will get used to getting "help" with the potty thing!!! Went through that with Sachi. Several times she wouldn't go until I gave up, brought her in and laid her on her blankets - then a flood!!
    Another idea, instead of the towel, after her surgery, I trimmed down a reuable grocery bag and lined it with flannel. They have longer handles (so you don't have to stoop) and are much thinner for the ones that are rather low to the ground.
    Luv & Hugs
    ~ Mary Ann
    Attached Images Attached Images

Prayers coming your way from us for sweet Rozee, and some for you and Pattee too. Don't beat yourselves up, just focus on the positive. Not easy, I know, but Rozee doesn't want you to blame yourselves.

We love you,

Shelba and Suni~~

Hugs and prayers coming from our house to yours.... please don't blame yourselves....accidents happen, especially when a move is involved.
    Will keep checking for your updates,
    Jo-Ann

Thanks everyone, Mary Anne, great idea! We do have those reusable grocery bags.

From what I have been reading, she will pretty much be incapacitated for at least 8 weeks and probably longer. Since she can not even stand on her own, I think we are going to order some wheels for her from Eddie's Wheels. They say it's a 2 week delivery.

Thanks again, love you guys
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Ah John, I am just now reading this. Soooooooo sorry. You and Rozee are in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a real speedy recovery. It is so easy for this to happen - Annie always tries to jump out of the SUV and it is just too far. I have to be quick and pay attention so I can totally see how this happened. Hang in there and do keep us updated. Hugs, Kim and Annie

Thinking of you and sending best wishes.

Linda and Spicey

Tons of healing thoughts and prayers being sent your way for sweet Rozee. Big hugs to you and Pattee.

Love and hugs,
    Lori

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Sending tons of healing thoughts from me too. Things like this just happen so quick (I know this may not make you feel better about it) and please be kind to yourself. Is the sprained area wrapped? Any heat/cold therapy mentioned?

(((hugs)))
    Terry