Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Sparky:Sparky is in the hospital

Default It's Sparky:Sparky is in the hospital

Here I was feeling a little better that Chloe seemed to be okay and what happens?
    Tonight I was patting Sparky and noticed the same kind of lumps - one over each hind leg - as Chloe has. He also is doing some panting and I think he has some hair thinning on his back.
    Sparky is my 7 yo neutered bichon.
    Guess it's off to the vet's for a check-up.
    Carrol

Default Re: This time it's Sparky!

Mornin' Carrol,

I hope it's just a case of being overly aware of Cushing's with Sparky and that this is just a simple case of something that can be treated and forgotten. For the last 2+ years, I have seen Cushing's in every dog that sneezes! Never mind that isn't one of the signs!

Remember to breath! and do let us know what you learn at the vets!
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls - always
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks, Leslie!
    You're right - we do become over sensitive about the signs (when I start to see signs in the birds in our courtyard, I'll know I've gone over the top!! lol)
    I find the same thing with my son (my 24 yo baby) who is a helo pilot in the Navy. If I let myself, I start to imagine every conceivable awful thing happening. I finally had to just shake myself and remember that he is living his dream and I should be happy and proud for that. It took some time but i think I am getting things more in perspective.
    I think it is the same with Cushing's. I am so worried about Chloe that I am always scrutinizing the other 2 dogs. I just have to stop that. However you folks have helped me tremendously so far and, so, I have seen with my own eyes that the treatments work.
    Thanks, again, for your moral support. Will keep you updated on Mr Sparky (he's the dog on the far right in the picture).
    Carrol

Having a cushings/addison's baby for several years makes you look at any other baby, like I do with my Suni, with a lot more scrutiny. I think that's probably a good thing if we can keep it in prospective (or not). Awareness is always a good thing IMO.

Hope (with fingers crossed) that Sparky's lumps are not anything to worry about. Keep us updated.

Shelba and Suni~~

Thanks, Shelba. Will post updates.

Hopefully it is not related to Cushings. We all must get
    super Cushings radar. I found myself checking Koko's belly the other day and pinching the skin slightly as it looked a bit different.

I'm on parnoia detail everyday so try to keep it in check. It is hard.

Addy

Hi Carrol,

hoping with all my heart Sparky's lumps are just...one of those things...and nothing serious.

Best of luck,

Saskia and Yunah

Thanks Addy, Saskia & Yuna!
    Will post update when I have seen the doc.

Hi Carrol,

Keeping everything crossed here that Sparky's lumps are something very minor.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Thanks, Terri!
    Am calling tomorrow to schedule appointment. I'm wondering if we should just go directly to blood sent to Tennessee? Any thoughts?
    Carrol