Thread: Checking in for July 2010

Smile Checking in for July 2010

We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have any questions to ask and maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply just to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for July 2010

Just wanted to say 'Hi' to Acushdogsmom and others. The worrys about a cushings' dog are beginning to fade away. Criss Ann has been gone for 16 months and I still miss her every single day.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy

Hi Bonnie!

So glad to hear from you. I miss you.

Hi to every one.. gee- whiz..another month gone already !
    ebonie has taken a little step back wards ..very picky with her meals.. and has at least one day a week vomiting..2 or 3 times and then she is ok .. again .vet suggested we try her on hills science diet kibble.. has been on advance weight control.. until now.. if no success will be looking at acth test .. bit earlier .. than anticipated.keep up the good work .. Catherine .

Hi Catherine,
    Sorry to hear that Ebonie is not doing so well. Hope you find the answer soon. Picky with her meals, might be that her cortisol is a bit on the low side. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Please do come back and update us on her next ACTH.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi All,
    I know it's been awhile. Shadow has been doing great in her battle with cushings but 3 weeks ago we had a set back. Seems she has an ACL injury in her back leg. It's so sad, I'm not sure how much this dog is going to have to go through in her lifetime. She is a bit over weight and the vet said with her age and the cushings that surgery probably isnt a very good option. For now we help her get outside and my husband has built ramps so she can get around easier. Also she is on pain medication. No anti-inflamitory medication apparently it doesnt mix well with Trilostane. It breaks my heart to watch her, she is such a trooper.I swear that tail never stops wagging The vet says it may take several months and there may be the possibility of the other leg giving out.Well hope everyone is doing fine. I'll keep you posted on her progress. Anyone know of any supplements that may help and not interfere with the Trilostane?
    Karen

Hello everyone! I am Katrina's mom. As many of you know, she crossed the bridge last August 19th. We miss her terribly. The last thing I do at night before I close my eyes is to look at her picture. It was taken on the train ride from Vienna to Munich and her little head is poking out of her Sherpa bag.
    We still have Katrina's sister Heidi and she is doing well at almost 13. Shortly after Katrina left, we were sent by unusual circumstances the most loving little black, tan and silver dapple Doxie. Her name is Nixie and is one year old, weighing nine pounds. I think the story of how we got her was posted on the forums the last week of August. Her picture might be here as well. I call her "The mender of a broken heart".
    I still come to the site often and read the posts. I will most likely come back this August 19th.
    Hugs to you all!
    Candy, Heidi, Joe, Nixie and always Katrina

It's been awhile since I have checked in. Rebel is doing ok for the most part. He is more active than he ever used to be, but still has not gotten rid of all his symptoms. He still seems to drink more than I think he should and his appetite is still ravenous. He is still gaining weight even though I have cut back his food. I am following up with the vet in a couple weeks. I just wanted to give him some time off from the poking and prodding.

Melissa
    Love from,

Melissa, Angel Rebel, Angel Sadie & Sammie