Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoebe

Default Phoebe

It's been nearly a week since I released Phoebe from her aging body. It is hard to understand how such a little thing has left such a big hole in my life.

I miss making sure she was safe from the rough play of Luke and Joey and checking that she wasn't under my feet when moving about. I still have sudden thoughts that I should go and find her to make sure she isn't stuck under a piece of furniture and always looking for the puddles that need to be cleaned up. Who would have imagined I would feel so lost not having to mop the floor several times a day.

What I really miss is picking her up when she was agitated and holding her to my chest and having her relax immediately and sigh deeply like she was content, safe and comfortable. It was like the beating of my heart connected us and now I can't hold her and it hurts.

A few days ago I had to pick out an urn for her and couldn't decide on the colors that I felt reflected her personality. For a moment I thought black for the devil in her and then white because sometimes she was an angel. I took a walk outside and the front of our house has a large square of white concrete and it was covered all over with petals from a lovely pink rose planted at the side of the house. I had never seen the petals scattered by the wind out the front before.

There was a little white urn with pink flowers on it so maybe Phoebe has chosen this herself and showed me what she wanted, so soon she will be coming home in her pink flowers and will join Buddy and Nelson on the bookcase.

We will get a picture of her enlarged like the others and hope soon I can smile at it like I do with the others whenever I walk past remembering happier times.

Jenny

Default Re: Phoebe

Hi Jenny,
    Thanks for posting......I love the images of the pink petals on the white concrete and how you were able to decide what color urn to chose. And it is hard to understand how such a little thing can leave such a big hole in our lives!
    Just recently I left a cupboard door open in the kitchen and turned back to shut it before I remembered that our new dog isn't blind....she can see something that isn't in its normal place and won't run into it. And it's been 9 months since we've had a blind dog!! We can't get over how acute Victoria's hearing is.....we still are learning all about a healthy dog. It makes me realize just how frail and tired that Lady was before I let her go.
    Hope Phoebe is back home soon.....
    (((HUGS)))
    Jo-Ann

Dear Jenny. Please read below and you will see why Phoebe wanted the pink roses on her urn. She wants that, every time you look at her, you will feel the love and thanks she feels for her very special Mom. I hope this helps a little bit and I hope the smiles come soon.
    Love,
    Carrol & Chloe

History and Meaning of Pink Roses

Primary Significance: Love, Gratitude, Appreciation

Pink roses have a rich history that comes with being one of the longest existing roses known to us - in fact, pink roses have even been depicted in some of the earliest known pieces of art. When roses first began to be cultivated, the majority of them existed in various shades of pink, from the palest pink to the deepest crimson. Prior to that, pink roses were the dominant species among wild roses, and were likely among the earliest roses to evolve.

In time, discoveries of new rose species and the development of modern hybridization techniques would introduce many new colors of roses. Also introduced at this time were roses with the ability to bloom repeatedly throughout the year. This was a significant development, as earlier garden roses would typically only bloom once a year. As more colors and types of roses entered the palette, each began to take on their own meanings. So too, did the meaning of the pink rose become more refined.

Above all, roses are a symbol for love and gratitude. As the pink rose was the most prevalent among the old garden roses, it was most strongly associated with these sentiments. While different roses may have more specific meanings, these are still the underlying message of any color rose. Pink roses also now carry a connotation of grace and elegance, as well as sweetness and poetic romance. Different shades of pink also carry their own significance. Dark pink roses are symbolic of gratitude and appreciation, and are a traditional way to send a message of thanks. Light pink roses are associated with gentleness and admiration, and can also be used as an expression of sympathy.

With the many ways in which they can be used to express a range of meanings, pink roses continue to maintain their popularity. The beautiful appearance and fragrance so strongly associated with roses in general, as well as their symbolic importance, can be traced back to the pink rose. While much has changed over the years, pink roses have consistently held their place of prominence in the world of flowers. Today, pink roses enjoy their own unique position representing elegance and refinement, as well as communicating thanks and admiration. The recipient of an arrangement of pink roses is sure to feel appreciated and special.

Jen, Hugs. Big big bear hugs. Kim

Thanks Kim and I am thinking of you with your troubles at the moment too. So hugs right back at you.

Carrol,
    Thank you so much for the Rose lesson. I love roses but hadn't even thought of the significance of the color and it made me feel good, like I had made the right choice with a little bit of help from Phoebe.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,
    You're welcome. I'm glad if it made you feel a little better. Yes, you made the right choice, but then, all the choices you made for sweet Phoebe were the right ones.
    Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
    Our love and thoughts are with you.
    Hugs,
    Carrol & Chloe

Dear Jenny,

I was so sorry to hear about the loss of Phoebe.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,
    Best Wishes to all,

John & My Angel Angelina

Hi Jenny!
    Just wondering how you are doing? You have been so kind to help me regarding Miss Chloe even at this time. It says a lot about the kind heart you have.
    Thank you,
    Carrol & Chloe

I'm sorry for your loss of Phoebe. I've just viewed her picture in the photos, and what an adorable girl she was. My thoughts are with you.

Sincere condolences,
    Bettina & Angel Niko

Oh John, your roses are so beautiful. And Jenny, I do believe that Phoebe guided you to the perfect choice. I know nothing about gardening, but I do know that I adore wild roses -- and all the wild roses that I have ever seen are pink, just like John's images. It seems as though "wild rose" captures Phoebe perfectly. The devil dog and the angel dog, all rolled into one beloved little bundle.

I know Phoebe's homecoming will be bittersweet. But as time goes by, hopefully the sweetness will come shining through more and more.

Many hugs to you, as one era closes and another era unfolds. Many pats to Luke and Joey, and I am heading off now to light a candle for Phoebe, Buddy and Nelson. Always remembered, always honored, and always loved.

Marianne