Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful sound in the world.....

Default The most beautiful sound in the world.....

is the clicking nails of a healthy 16 pound terrier on the floor as she moves to see what's happening!!! And they belong to a gorgeous Cairn terrier, Victoria, with a black teddy-bear face, black legs and a brindle color body! How I've missed that sound....it's been so long since we've heard it.

She's also the reason that I didn't get to meet up with Leslie and Stephanie and their furbabies, and visit Nashville this winter. We re-routed our trip home from Florida by way of I-95/I-81 into southern Ontario to visit with a lovely Cairn terrier breeder and her husband whom we met in FL in January. They had 3 of their Cairns with them but not Victoria. They felt that she would be a perfect fit for us and that she would thrive in our home. (The couple are facing some serious health issues which may force them to re-home their dogs in the future) So we met Victoria at the end of March and loved her. We went back to pick her up on the Mother's Day weekend and had a lovely visit with our new friends.

She has fit into our household as if she was here all her life....she's 7 1/2 years old and has the total opposite personality from Lady. It's a real treat to have a dog who gets along with people and other dogs. I can't believe how easy a healthy dog is to look after! She loves our yard and will watch a particular hole for 5-10 minutes, just waiting for the chipmunk to appear. She is an excellent walker and loves to sniff every blade of grass on the area around the soccer field. She also LOVES, LOVES to cuddle. She'a also an excellent traveller....her first 2 days with us were spent on the road coming home.

It's been quite a journey these last few months but well worth the wait. I'll have to get pictures of her for you all to see...and that will take some time
    But for now it's time to go for our little teddy-bear's walk!

Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel & Victoria

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: The most beautiful sound in the world.....

Oh Jo-Ann,

I am so very happy for you, and Victoria!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see those photos.

Smiling ((((hugs))))
    Terry

OH JO-ANN!!!!!!

My heart is singing for you this morning!

Another journey begins, more love unfolds. You heart expands to surround another sweet spirit.

In loving celebration of Dolly, and in loving welcome to Victoria.

So many (((hugs))),
    Marianne

Jo-Ann-

WHOOOOOOOPPPEEEEEEE! How wonderful for you. Victoria sounds like a joy and I know she will have such a special life with you. Will be watching for those pictures. Sue

Oh Jo-Ann!!

I am beaming ear to ear! because I am just so very happy for you both! Can't wait to see some pictures of Victoria!

Love and hugs,
    Lori

Dear Jo-Ann,

I am so excited to know that Victoria is home with you at last! You are exactly what each other needs and I know she will fill your heart with joy and your life with adventure. Cairns are wonderful little pups and she will bring much laughter into your world.

What wonderful news! I am so very happy for you all!
    Love,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I missed that sound too when I lost my Maggie. I have it back now, although a somewhat faster pace since Cailey is a perpetual motion puppy.
    Enjoy!!!
    Virginia, Angel Maggie, Benny, and Cailey

Happiness is an inside job

Jo Ann,

I am just so happy for you. Those clicking nails must sound like the most beautiful wound in the world.

Jenny

Hi Jo-Ann,

I am so so happy for you . Looking forward to seeing pics of your sweet little girl. Hugs to you and your new bundle of joy.
    Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Oh Jo-Ann, what wonderful news!

Carol