Page 399 of 562 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 5616

Thread: Zoe By My Side- Our Journey with Cushings

Default Re: My Zoe, Lhasa Apso, diagnosed with Cushing's

Yeah, poor Koko, I think he was acting out from not enough exercise and attention, too much time locked up in the kitchen. Poor little boy. Hopefully I can play with him more now and he wont be locked up so much.

Zoe's coat is really long and getting thicker every day. I'm seeing slight head tremors here and there since what I thought was a mini seizure.

We'll see where her numbers are. She now seems better with her tramadol. Hopefully, it wont affect her balance again. My little girl. Funny, I cant think of her as a senior dog or an old dog, just as "my little girl".

Have a great week!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hi Sister Addy,

I do not know how the time goes and why the heck i don't visit much any more....

I am so glad Miss Zoe has grown out her hair/fur again!!!

We are doing well, Miss Ella is still a wild child sometimes , but over all doing a good job at 2 1/2 yrs. old. We have done 3 trials now and getting better each time or at least one of us does. It is harder than it looks--mentally and physically for me-haha--it's no exercise on my part.

Take care and I will try my best to keep in touch!

Hugs and Kisses Always!!!
    Last edited by marie adams; 10-28-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Do you remember the first time they said that Zoe should get a senior profile done for her blood work? I remember with molly, it was quite a shock, I remember asking them why I'd do that and they said, because, she is getting older now. Knock me over with a feather, but it just didn't seem like she was that old to me.

head tremors. Well, hope it isn't much of anything and the numbers are good for her. Less adjustments always mean a happier, Zoe and Mom.

I am sure Koko is letting you know that he needs some play time with you. They do have their ways of getting the point across don't they. hahaha Hopefully you can get some nice walks in with him before the weather starts getting back. You know how it is once winter comes. Lucky to get to the bottom of the driveway sometimes.

hugs Addy, hope you are relaxing more yourself too
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Addy:
    I am praying that the head tremors that Zoe is having are really nothing, but that is a worry I know. It is so hard to figure out what is causing what with these Cush dogs as they have so many issues going on at once. Hoping it is nothing to worry about. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Hey you

Sorry I have been MIA, hope you are doing ok, I have been reading just not posting

Hope your Mom and everyone else in the family are doing well?

Nice to hear miss Zoe's hair is still growing. Could the tremors be a vetoryl side affect? I think Tia had some of those.

Did you have some fun on fright night?

Sending you a massive hugs and kisses to the fur kids

Mel
    Xxxxx
    Last edited by Mel-Tia; 10-29-2013 at 04:56 PM.

HI Addy.. I am crossing my fingers for good numbers next month for Zoe.

Sharlene funny you mention the senior testing. My husband & I took my min pin that passed away last year to the vet when she was about 8 i think. The vet came in & called her a senior. I started crying right then & there. I did NOT expect to here that. Kinda like when the vet pretty much called Boriss old & fat last month. I won't be seeing that particular doctor again.
    Amy & my sweet boy Boriss (Cushings Diagnosed 8/30/12 & Trilo start 20mg 9/8/12 switched to Vetoryl 30mg 10/8/12)
    Grateful for every day I have with my baby Boriss. I am lucky to have so much love in my life.

OMG I have been double M'd

Marie and Mel It is so good to hear from both of you, I cant stop smiling.

And Amy too I was going to her stim early December but with the tremors and all I thought I better not. Hopefully she wont be up at 4am that day with the time change I had not thought of that.

Yup, Sharlene they said that about my little boy Koko this year, my heart stopped

Patti, I am hoping the tremors are just the vetoryl but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

I sent a fax to the vet so they are prepared for us.

Meanwhile, she seems ok otherwise, tried to take on the neighbors golden when he was running loose and trying to say hi to her.
    OMG she had a fit and she is still trying to guard the front door.

One day at a time
    Last edited by addy; 10-29-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hi Addy!! M&M's mmmmmmmMMmmmmm

I just wanted to say that I notice Flynn's tremours can affect his ears, like I see them vibrating softly sometimes. I swear that has lessened since I stopped the Tramadol 3 days back. Dunno if others have noticed it with Tramadol, just a thought.

I remember a vet trip when Flynn was 6 and they used the "senior" word and I nearly flipped out too!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, he is a baby!! Still is too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Addy,
    Buddy's head tremors were found to be caused by episodic hypoglycemia. His blood sugar always tested normally. A little shot of Karo syrup stopped them in a matter of minutes. According to the neurosurgeon overseeing Buddy's treatment, Hypoglycemia is common in small dogs (less than 20 pounds) with advanced Cushings. His tremors scared me until I learned how to manage them. Buddy had a suspected macro also, which added to the tremors. Maybe Zoe is having some blood sugar fluctuations. Just a thought....

I hope your Hubby is doing better or is at least a little more quiet about it. Thinking of you and your mom my dear. Hugs to you and the kids. Xxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I had to pop in and tell you, good chance my husbands shoulder is frozen too. He is trying to do exercises to stretch it, which results in much carrying on because of the pain involved. Thinking maybe we can batch order those ear plugs??!!!!
    Hope Zoe and Koko and mom are all doing fine and that you are finding a quiet place for some peace occasionally.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)