Thread: Checking in for May 2010

Smile Checking in for May 2010

We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have any questions to ask and maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply just to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for May 2010

just checking in for may.. ebonies doing fine..acth test showed cortisol level up a little..has been on lyso one quarter tab ..weekly.. vet suggested up it by another eight..she is not loosing as much hair now..and happy to play with her mate natcho ..kind regards to all and your pups.. Catherine.will have test results to post soon !
    waiting on copy...

Rascal is doing well. Still think he is a little skinny. Might take him to vet just for weight check. Hope you're all doing well.

Sarah, Rascal & Darla in Spirit

Still lurking At the moment I have a Black Toy Poodle in foster care. This is making my Zedley so jealous he escaped the fencing last night and took himself off to his dog-mate's house. He actually head-butted through the wooden gate
    Loraine (Coco's Mum forever, was also Zedley's Mum) now Iggy's Mum

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Loraine View Post
    Still lurking At the moment I have a Black Toy Poodle in foster care. This is making my Zedley so jealous he escaped the fencing last night and took himself off to his dog-mate's house. He actually head-butted through the wooden gate
    OMG Loraine, I just had to reply to your post...poor Zed...very strong willed he is. Good job in fostering another pup.

Smile Re: Checking in for May 2010

Hello all, just a couple of quick updates. Casey was shaved for the summer last week and is very happy now The groomer checked her teeth and said that she did have a lot of tartar that she could not get to (she does a lot of dogs teeth herself) so I am calling the vets in my area to see if she can have a hand scraping under sedation. Lori thanks for the advice about the pred - great idea and I would never have known about using it otherwise.

We have been sailing along just fine with our 375 mg 2x a week of Lysodren (Casey weighs 40 lb)

I am taking her into the vet in June for her 6 month ACTH so will let you know how things go. I also had some professional pictures done at the studio of the two pups so will try and post when I get them.

Love and hugs to everyone
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo

Question Re: Checking in for May 2010

Hi

I am a member of the forum not can not see how to get my replys and messages to people can u help. Last night I kept trying to submit but it was telling me me thread was too samll?

Admin note:

Lynn, you already have a topic started for your dog and several members have already replied to you there, so all you have to do is go to your topic (thread) and hit the reply button there to post a reply and discuss your dog with other members.

Here is a direct link to your topic/thread:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2092
    Last edited by lynn; 05-23-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Smile Re: Checking in for May 2010

Hi To All,

I haven't been on for a while--work schedule, my mom's situation, just everything.

Maddie's number were up when we had the ACTH done (April 1) 30 days from the first loading--I have finally changed vet's and started a new loading last Saturday--1500mg Lysodren again. I had kept her on a maintenance of 1500 a week after the test (1000mg after the load--thou the vet suggested 750mg--crazy) because I knew it wouldn't hurt her and didn't want the numbers to climb, but I think they did a little because it seemed like she started to drink more water and the intense begging was getting worse. The load is the same 1500mg and the vet said when she gets there will test and go another 25% increase in the maintenance dose--so it looks like 2000mg a week--Maddie now weighs 67lbs. I am not so crazy this time, but harder to tell if she is loaded--yesterday was day 5 and I am pretty sure she is there and will test tomorrow--better to be safe than sorry.

I have a lot of catching up to do...Best to All!!
    Last edited by marie adams; 05-27-2010 at 05:50 PM.
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella