Thread: How to post profile pic

Default How to post profile pic

I noticed beside your names that you have pics for your profiles...would love to add a pic for my profile....just have no idea how to do it.
    Thanks Cathy
    Katiesmom

Default Re: How to post profile pic

The pic beside the username is called an "avatar".

Go to your "User CP" (upper left corner)

Then, click on "Edit Avatar" under "Settings and Options", put a dot in the little circle next to "Custom Avatar" and follow directions in the box for uploading a custom avatar.

Although you can use an image that is posted on any website, most of us use Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer.

Is there a way I can make the pictures on my computer smaller, so that I can use them for an avatar? All of my pictures of Simon are too big to use.

I know that it says (during the upload avatar process, just under where you can browse the photos on your computer)
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    But I think that our messageboard software can and does automatically resize some photos. I just tried to upload another photo as my avatar. It was an 802 KB picture, and it worked. It took a little longer than it does with a very small photo, but I was able to upload the photo as my avatar, and after being uploaded as an avatar, I checked the picture properties again, and the avatar pic was indeed only 100 by 100 pixels and less than 19 KB.

So if you haven't actually tried to upload a larger photo as your avatar, try it.

If it still doesn't work, post here again and we'll see what we can do to get an avatar photo up for you.

Smile Re: How to post profile pic

Quote Originally Posted by acushdogsmom View Post
    I know that it says (during the upload avatar process, just under where you can browse the photos on your computer) But I think that our messageboard software can and does automatically resize some photos. I just tried to upload another photo as my avatar. It was an 802 KB picture, and it worked. It took a little longer than it does with a very small photo, but I was able to upload the photo as my avatar, and after being uploaded as an avatar, I checked the picture properties again, and the avatar pic was indeed only 100 by 100 pixels and less than 19 KB.

So if you haven't actually tried to upload a larger photo as your avatar, try it.

If it still doesn't work, post here again and we'll see what we can do to get an avatar photo up for you.
    Thanks for the help. Right now the computer with the pictures isn't working, but I will try again. I think that it did work, but it made it so that Simon was too tiny to see. I may just try taking a new picture soon. Either way, I should have one up soon. THANK YOU for the help and suggestions!

Love,
    T.S.D. & Simon

Hi, I 'm new here too. I am unable to post a pic. I'll figure it out. Just thought I'd say hello.