Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Memory of My Maggie, 1995-2009

Default Re: In Memory of My Maggie, 1995-2009

To Judy and Maggie,

With special thoughts today, in honor of a loving bond that shall never be broken. No matter how much time may pass, the love and the memories remain strong and forever alive. Days like this one are so bittersweet. So painful due to the physical separation. But so sweet for us to be able to pause and celebrate and honor a life so well-lived, and a companionship so dear.

Always in loving memory of sweet Maggie ~
    Marianne

Judy,

Thinking of you and sweet Maggie today...sending you extra special hugs and will be giving all of mine an extra special Maggie hug tonight. Your love and life with her will stay with us always and I hope you can find some comfort in the special memories that will always be with you. Maggie is looking through a star and always watching over you...

Lots of love and tons of hugs, Beth
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words -- they are really appreciated. Today is a tough one ...

I looked through Maggie's "baby" book last night and, for the first time, put one of her earlier pictures side by side with one I took on her last day with me. I was absolutely shocked -- she was at 32 lbs. in the first and 16 in the second but it was not just the weight loss. Her vet had told me that he was shocked to see how much facial muscle mass she had lost in just the last week of her life and that is what I noticed most in the pictures.

On the good side, seeing that reinforced that I absolutely let her go when I needed to. To me, she was still beautiful but I know that she is now once again restored to her best!

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where your special pet shines down on you to let you know they are happy." (Author unknown.)
    Last edited by judymaggie; 03-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

Judy,
    Just love your post today and can really relate....have had a few moments when I saw in the pictures and had memories that re-inforced the "decision" as being at the right time.....or not soon enough.
    Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel

My thoughts are with you and sweet Maggie today.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Judy, I too have had you and sweet Maggie in my thoughts and prayers today along with lots of love. Sweet maggie will be remembered forever. These hurdles are really hard to overcome, but know that you have a loving and caring family here to help you get through.

The picture comparisons..I have been doing that a lot lately and it's so sad to get a clear minds view (not clouded with a desperate determination to make her better) of just how frail and unwell my little angel Misty was, and how the constant battle had taken it's toll on her. Absolutely heartbreaking and devasting to look at.

Love and many (((hugs))).

Shelba and Suni

Judy,

Thinking of you, and sending my love. The love you share with Maggie will live on, always.
    With love,
    Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx
    ________
    Zx14 vs hayabusa
    Last edited by Franklin'sMum; 05-02-2011 at 06:37 AM.

for those of us that lose our babies at an older age, it can be hard to remember how they once were, when they were young and totally free of ailments. it takes time to remember that and lose images of the difficult moments they had late in life. i'm glad the picture comparisons gave you some closure (or so it sounds) and additional peace with the choices you made. i always believe choices made out of love for your babies, cannot be wrong.

wishing you peace and many happy memories to stay with you always.

But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
    It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all