Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patience, 15 (?) y/o beagle mix, macroadenoma (Patience has passed)

Unhappy Re: Patience, 15 (?) y/o beagle mix, possible macroadenoma

T.S.D and Simon,

Obviously this response is very late, Patience passed away back in August. I am sorry I never got the chance to get back on here and post an update. We did go ahead with radiation and chemo. They ended up giving her a full course of radiation they just did it a bit different, 3 times a week rather than daily but she tolerated it very well. We were hoping to get a better result than the 6 months we did get, but I am thankful for any extra time we had with her. She was such a special girl and is terribly missed I am thankful we had here in our life though, she brought such happiness to everyone who met her. She was known for her non-stop tail wagging, always hitting the vets in the face with her tail anytime we brought her in for an exam

I am back on the board because we are now unfortunately facing a new situation with our other dog Max. We brought him in for an ultrasound for some intermittent vomiting over the last month or so. He has a history of colitis so I was hoping this was also some type of gastritis/IBD issue. Fortunately they believe it is but while doing the ultrasound they made an incidental finding of an adrenal tumor. I have spent the day reading up as much as I could and will go ahead and post a new thread about Max. I wish we could catch a break, we have lost 3 dogs to various cancers over the last 2 years, it's a lot to take

Thanks for listening,
    Theresa

Default Re: Patience, 15 (?) y/o beagle mix, possible macroadenoma

Dear Teresa,

I am so sorry to hear about Patience. You did all you could to help her and I am glad you got a little bit longer with your precious girl because of the treatments but it is never easy to lose them. And to have lost so many in such a short time has got to be very difficult.

We would be honored to get to know your sweet girl by sharing in stories of your lives together. If you wish, you are more than welcome to post a memorial and share your memories in our In Loving Memory section -

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Her name has been added to those who have passed in 2010 so we can always remember and honor her here.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1588

We also have a candle site for our family here where you can light candles in memory of Patience at -

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C

Our condolences to you and your family,
    Leslie, Squirt, Trinket and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Patience, 15 (?) y/o beagle mix, macroadenoma (Patience has passed)

Hi Theresa,

I'm very sorry to learn of Patience's passing. It is terrible to have your heart torn apart with three sweet dogs so close together... Patience was a senior senior citizen so I know that she got the best of everything from her beloved family.

Natalie

Natalie and Leslie,

Thank you both for your kind responses, this is such a nice board It has been a rough couple of years losing 3 sweet babies so close together and now facing a new problem with Max having an adrenal tumor Patience was definitely one of a kind, she had been through so much in her life (she was shot with bb's and had her leg amputated before we got her, she had mast cell cancer when she was 5, had surgery on her remaining back leg a few years ago, got diagnosed with Cushings and then the brain tumor) but was always so, so happy. I cherish the time we had with her but I miss her everyday. Thank you again for your kind words.

Theresa

Dear Theresa,

I am so sorry for your losses, and also for the challenges you are now facing with Max. It seems so unfair that you should have so much to shoulder. But for your furbabies -- what a blessing for them that they have been loved and cared for by you!!! It brings tears to my eyes to read about all of Patience's struggles. What a brave, sweet girl. I am so very glad that we will always be able to honor and remember her here alongside you.

With many hugs to you, always in loving memory of your dear girl ~
    Marianne

Theresa,

I am so sorry for the loss of Patience, but very glad you had an extra 6 months with her. I hope Max's tumor is on the easier side to operate on, if that is an option for him.

Love and hugs,
    Jane, Franklin and Angel Bailey xxx

very sorry to hear of the passing of your Patience..

Jeff & Angel Mandy

It is SO much to take, Theresa. I am sorry you lost Patience. It sounds like she was a very sweet baby. I just lost my baby, Lacey, and I just can't imagine how difficult it would be to be dealing with another stress as you are with Max. My thoughts are with you and my hope that you will soon find the answer that will make Max healthy again. Hugs.

Marlene
    {{{{HUGS}}}}
    Marlene

Thank you all again for your kindness. I have been reading a lot on this board over the last few days, it's nice to see that there are other people as crazy about their babies as my husband and I are. I have read a lot of the memorials and find myself laughing and crying over all the memories everyone shares. I would love to write a memorial for Patience one day, just don't think I can do it yet. I don't think I could find words to do her justice, she had such a rough start but you never would have known it by how loving and sweet she was. I am bawling just writing this Anyway, thank you again for your kind words, it is much appreciated.

Theresa

So sorry to hear about Patience. May your love for her give you strength.

Love and many hugs,
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo