Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bailey's Story

Default Re: Bailey's Story

Hi, Beth. I did not notice your post about Bailey and Scooter when I posted about Molly. Sharon (ventilate) actually brought it to my attention. I am so terribly sorry for both your losses. I know you have been here from about the same time as me. You have always offered so much encouragement and support to everyone here. You are kind to give so much of yourself.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

- Brandi and forever in my heart, Molly

Pallie hasn't come to me either. But I know she's with me. I can feel her when I listen to my soul. I know Bailey is there with you too. He will never abandon you. Soul mates work both ways.
    Everything I need to know about life I learned from Pallie.

Been on my mind all day Beth.

Love and (((hugs)))

Shelba

I too am thinking of you.
    Time will heal the open wounds but because they run so deep it will take a bit or maybe a lot. Grieving is normal but you have to force yourself to keep going each day.
    Jenny

I thought I felt him over my shoulder in the car today...in the position he always took...the backseat driver panting in my ear...but I don't know if it was just me wanting it to be....or it was...I wish I had a clear sign like I did with Scoobie...
    I also thought maybe I would try writing it all out...I mean really writing it all. Just something, not about his death, but more about his life, his gifts and his soul.
    I may tackle another home improvement project too bc sometimes working it out physically is a release for me...but not sure I want to go quite there...
    Love you all.....Beth
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Still with you, my friend, still with you.

Huge hugs,
    Leslie and the girls - always
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

and I have heard nothing from Bailey
    I think when you don't 'hear' from them, it's because they are dealing with something else first. I remember being upset that I had no sign of my horse Fox when he passed in October 2007. He was my top horse for all my competition years and we were very close. When I finally did see him, I realized he was busy watching over Ti - my mom's horse, and his buddy, that was now all alone. (Ti finally passed at age 39 last July) Perhaps Bailey has been busy watching over and / or preparing for Scooter??

I also think in some cases, we are not ready to pick up the signal. Perhaps that is the case with Pallie.

Keep the faith that our beloved babies will never leave our hearts or souls. They will always be part of us.

Scoobie passed a year ago and I think was here waiting for Bailey...my friend and I, she was very close to both boys too, didn't say anything to each other right away but before I made the decision, we did talk and said we had this image of Scoobie sitting and just waiting and looking...
    I did talk to Bailey last night, out loud, and asked him just to please let me know if he was OK. Nothing. And then this morning, Baby Pallie did something she never did before, and I was half asleep but I remember thinking, Bailey always used to do that as a puppy...it was something uniquely Bailey and I am so upset I can't recall what it was now...but it woke me and I thought oh my gosh....so maybe that was it? I'm not sure....
    I do think he is out there, and inside me, and inside her, I just miss his physical presence so much...
    Love and hugs, Beth

The possum that showed up the night Maggie died came around a few more times that week and we haven't seen it since.
    I miss my Maggie too.
    Virginia, Angel Maggie, Benny, and Cailey

Happiness is an inside job

Virginia, I am so sorry...I know Maggie was such a special girl...

We left the house together for the last time this day last week, and I got word today that Bailey can come back home tonight...

He will be placed with Scoobie, together in the same dog house, until we can all be placed together...

today was hard all over again. Not the guilt, the missing...

Love and hugs, Beth