Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Re: Buddy

Dearest Jen,

There is no time line for grieving Jen. I still cry over my Mytilda and Clancy, even after all these years. The anniversary dates are the hardest.

It is very difficult for a lot to understand the incredible bond one has, especially with our soul doggies and the pain there is when they leave us.

I will light a candle for your sweet Buddy and give a gift to our shelter in his name.

((((((hugs))))))
    Terry

You are in my thoughts again, always...

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Dear Jenny,

I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you, too. This time of year can be so hard, especially when it marks first anniversaries and beginning a new year without a loved one. But I think that cleaning away the diabetic supplies marks a huge step for you. I am STILL not quite there yet -- I still have a bottle of Barkis' thyroid meds tucked away in the back of the medicine closet. Every time I make the move to throw it out, something stops me. So I guess I am just not ready. In so many ways, my pain over him has finally lessened over these years. But then, something small and silly like that just brings it all back again in waves.

Given the time zone difference, I believe you guys are hours ahead of us and have already launched into the New Year. So thank you from this side of the world for being our 2010 pioneers! And my best wishes to you always ~

Many (((hugs))),
    Marianne

I haven't been on here lately because I am having such a hard time without Pallie right now. Christmas was really bad. New Years is bitter sweet. 2009 is the last year Pallie and I had together and part of me doesn't want to let go. But I know that's not possible so I have to hold onto her instead as 2010 gets here. So Pallie and I will enter 2010 together, just like we've always entered a new year. She may not be here to celebrate with me, but I know she's here and watching over me. She would want me to welcome in 2010 with lots of love for Apollo and Gypsy and all our Cush-Pups.
    Everything I need to know about life I learned from Pallie.

Hi Jenny,
    Was thinking of you last night and wondering what the actual date was last year. These are the times when I really miss the old forum as I can't go back and check.
    Take care,
    (((Hugs)))
    Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel

Jo-Ann, thanks so much for posting your note, because I've just gone to look at our memorial thread for last year (Remembering All Who Have Left Us - 2009) -- and I see that Buddy's angel anniversary was yesterday...January 13th. It is so true that we have lost so much from the old site, but thankfully, the "Remembering" threads were saved.

Special thoughts are being beamed to you, Jen.

Always in loving memory of your sweet Buddy,
    Marianne

Dear Jenny,

Remembering sweet Buddy and sending big hugs your way.

With much love,
    Lori

Thanks guys.

I think I have been in denial that Buddy's anniversary was just about here. I guess I was being a bit like an ostrich and burying my head in the sand, sort of like it's not really there if I can't see it.

Guess what, January 13 was just like January 12 and will probably be just like all the other days around it. Not really sure what I expected.

Now that 12 months have been and gone I can reflect on it and say that I still miss my Buddy. Life is so different, I even sometimes miss the commitment to feeding/insulin injections. I miss the special bond we had.

I also want to mention that Nelson who passed away several months after Bud has also left a big hole. Nelson seemed to be always taking second place because of Buddy's health issues and even his death was when the old site was lost so he disappeared without fuss and fanfare. I just wanted to say that although Nelson seemed to be forgotten he certainly is missed in my life.

Jenny

Oh Jenny, I wish I could put into words what the phrase "my heart goes out to you" means coming from me. I trip over my words, type, delete, type delete and throw up my hands in disgust. Isn't it ironic that I, the motor mouth, is ever at a loss for words? I'm just not good at consoling people online but if you were here or I there, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'd have you wrapped up in great big old bear hug and we'd be blubbering all over each other.

I'm honored to run in the same circle with you here on k9c or anywhere else because it's people like you that wears your heart on your sleeve for all to see just how much you love your dogs and our dogs. I think all of our k9c family has a sleeve decorated that way. We willingly subject ourselves over and over again to the pain of losing our beloved furbabies, knowing or at least knowing that the odds are that we will outlive them. I can't imagine not sharing my life with a dog...I mean dogs...many dogs.

It's been a while since I've shared one of my favorite poems or whatever you want to call it and remembering Buddy and Nelson is a great time to share it again.

Fragile Circle
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
    Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
    We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
    never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Irving Townsend.

((Warm and consoling cyber hugs))
    G.

Oh Jenny - I don't even have the words to tell you what I want to say, except I guess that I can say that I totally understand everything you said (still feeling those feelings myself, too) and I couldn't have said everything that Glynda replied to you any better than she said.

(((BIG GIANT HUGS)))