Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: How did you find us?

Default Re: How did you find us?

My vet suggested your site. Much credibility there!!! Thank heavens she did because, like most newly diagnosed moms, I had way more questions than answers and hated being a nuisance to the vet. Thank you for being here.

Smile Re: How did you find us?

I find you in google searching information for Cushing Disease.

I found this site whilst researching Cushings Disease on the internet.

Angry Re: How did you find us?

By going onto Facebook page for Cushing's Disease. lulusmom referred me to this site.

Our boxer Aries has been diagnosed with Cushing's Disease and it is horrible. We have found a internal med doctor which we had never heard of until now. He is 10 years old (our Boxer) . He is not on meds yet because our Vet just doesn't seem to know what they are doing. They say because he weights 100 pds they have never had a dog that big so they are not sure on meds. Well needless to day we now do not trust them and we have a Dr almost as close to us as our old Vet.

I haven't called them yet will do on Tuesday but this is a holiday weekend in the US. I thought we had to have a referral from old VET. I am hoping they can use his bloodwork to save some money. We didn't have the money until in Sept to take him which is breaking my heart. My husband works for the school board here and they are off in the summer plus our daughter lives up North and had to have emergency surgery for a tumor. Thank God is not cancer. Now to get the money for Aries . He has a horrible red rash that the old Vet is giving him antibiotics, medicated shampoo and he is on Benadryl.

Others that I have met on Facebook say he looks like it is Calcinosis Cutis. Really bad.
    Just looking for support because if you are not a animal person they just don't get it even family.

Hello group,
    After extensive searching on Google, I found your site. I am eager to learn as much as I can to help my boy, Burden, an EPI German Shepherd, 9 years old, diagnosed this week. Trilostane has been ordered and will arrive next week. The regular vet that ordered the Dex test and ACTH test has not been available to provide levels, but the associate vet did say he is positive for Cushings. Are there any side effects I should look for when he starts the meds? Again, our vet will be gone until later in the week.
    Thank you.

Karen & Burden

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Hi Karen,
    I have started a new thread for you and Burden - http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8286

Welcome to our site!!
    Terry

Google trying to find answers

I found you through facebook group Cushing's Disease Awareness For Dog Parents. My dog Baby was recently diagnosed.

Searching google for information about calcinosis cutis

I found you when searching side effects for Trilostane on google. I wish I found you all a couple years ago when my dog was first diagnosed or even way before that. He had all the symptoms way before any vet ever suggested to test him.