Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ringo, 10 yr old chow retriever shepherd mix, costs for diagnosis and treatment?

Default Re: Ringo, 10 yr old chow retriever shepherd mix, costs for diagnosis and treatment?

I can't thank you all enough for all the information. I thank this forum as well. I know I am not alone. I am going to bring Ringo to my vet and find out what the next step is. I love my dog so much and to just sit back and wait is not an answer for me regardless of the financial situation. Where there is a will, there is a way and I will find it. My Ringo depends on me. If he has Cushing's, that does not bother me as much as him having Cushing's and me not doing anything about it. You have all motivated me. Thank you again.

Default Re: Ringo, 10 yr old chow retriever shepherd mix, costs for diagnosis and treatment?

Hi Rayna, and welcome from me too!

I am so happy to hear your positive attitude about treating Ringo. I would hope your vet will work with you in the financial end of it so Ringo can get the correct diagnosis and treatment. I am completely aware of the strain and stress, both financially and emotionally, when we are faced with this situation. I like to think like you though...where there is a will, there's a way. You are a great mom!

You have a very large and strong support system here and we are all more than willing to help in any way we can.

Please ask all the questions you want and keep us posted with any news from the vet. Also, it would be a great benefit to you and to us, if you would request copies of all tests done on Ringo. Most all of us keep files on our cushpups. For you, they would be handy for references when needed, and for us to help you understand what the tests mean.

Hang in there and we will be waiting to hear results.

Shelba and Suni

Hi Rayna, and a belated welcome from me too!

I second everything Shelba has just said...this Cushings is a terrible disease, but with proper treatment your cushpup can live a full and happy life.

Along with the copies of tests I have for my boy Harley, which I keep in a huge 3-ring binder notebook, I also have a regular notebook dedicated for Harley just for his vet visits, in this I jot down any questions I might have for his vet to answer, sometimes I'll even take a tape recorder along because my feeble mind doesn't seem to retain information like it used to.

These amazing people here have helped Harley and me tremendously, and I know they will do the same for you...in fact Harley just recently celebrated his 13th birthday, and I know this would not of happened if I had not found these wonderful people on this forum. Hang in there Rayna, we're here for you.

Hugs.
    Lori

Rayna, I'm so glad to hear that you will be talking to your vet. Please let us know how it goes. We are here to help in any way we can. Just know that you & Ringo do not have to start your Cushing's journey alone.

Debbie
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Hi Rayna,

I, too, am pleased that you will be looking into getting Ringo tested and treated in spite of the hardship it will place on you. But, please understand that if it is just more than you can take on right now that doesn't mean you are not welcome here....not at all!!! We will honor your decision regardless and continue to do all we can to help you and Ringo. You are family now and we want you to keep in touch often.

Let us know how the vet visit goes!
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the girls
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.