View Poll Results: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course! My dog has more sweaters and coats than I do!

9 13.85%
  • Yes, but only for rainy or cold, snowy weather.

36 55.38%
  • No, but I think sweaters and coats for dogs are a terrific idea!

8 12.31%
  • No, I think clothes look silly on a dog!

5 7.69%
  • None of the above (post optional comment below)

7 10.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Default Re: Do your dogs wear sweaters and/or coats or other doggie apparel?

Yes! i have a little coat for when its really cold out

"Ruff" Day for City Dog Mugged for His Designer Winter Coat!

How sad that someone would steal the coat right off this dogs back poor baby had to walk home shivering and naked

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02...y6194344.shtml
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

That's pretty disgusting but it could have been much worse....somebody could have kidnapped the dog. Never, ever leave your dog unattended, even for a minute or two.

I can't believe somebody would steal a coat from a dog! I too agree that the dog should not have been left unattended. Mine are never unattended, not in my back yard, not in my car or anywhere. I'd die if somebody took them!
    My smallest Yorkie, Bonnie (the one with Cushing's) will wear sweaters when it's cold out. The bigger Yorkie, Belinda, hates them. Her fur is so thick that you can't even see her skin anywhere, so she tends to be too warm to wear sweaters unless we're having an unusually low temperature here in Northeast TN. Bonnie wears sweaters to the vet on mornings it is very cold.
    My mother-in-law likes to knit or sew outfits for them. They have several matching outfits which include little hats. They are so cute! Belinda will only wear hers long enough to have her picture made. I love dog clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonniemom View Post
    My mother-in-law likes to knit or sew outfits for them. They have several matching outfits which include little hats. They are so cute! Belinda will only wear hers long enough to have her picture made. I love dog clothes.
    Pictures pleeeeease.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hi John, Arwen used to when her hair was very thin.I made it out of an old jumper i had to keep her warm.Sadly i dont have any pictures

Suz x
    Last edited by Bubbagump; 02-27-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: It wasnt John that sent the message and hes not knitting jumpers lol

I had clothes for Rebel, but since he got fat, I mean chubby. He can't fit into any of them anymore. He does still have a redsox jersey that almost fits... He had the cutest jean jacket with leather trim at one time, now it won't fit all the way around him!

Melissa

Melissa, tell Rebel that his Aunt Glynda is on the chubby side and has a closet full of sweaters and coats that won't fit her either.

Quote Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
    Melissa, tell Rebel that his Aunt Glynda is on the chubby side and has a closet full of sweaters and coats that won't fit her either.

Hahaha, I'll be sure to let him know. Although I don't think he really minds. I think the only thing he misses is his bathrobe. It doesn't fit anymore either. There is a pic in my profile of him wearing it back when he was a smaller dog!

Melissa

Atticus wears clothes just about every day, regardless of the weather. Since he's a hairless dog he needs all the extra protection he can get, so he has everything from t-shirts, to sweatshirts, jackets, jammies, snowsuits.. you name it. Unfortunately though a lot of his outfits no longer fit from his weight gain. I don't want to throw the clothes away, because they're not very worn out, but I don't know what to do with them. Anyone have any ideas about it?
    "I appoint myself so cool and clever; I'm such a liar."
    FlipTopBox
    -Self-