Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My beloved Westie died this morning...

Exclamation My beloved Westie died this morning...

and I am disconsolate. Hamish was 13 and was diagnosed with Cushing's only four days ago. My vet, who I trust implicitly prescribed trilostane ((Velotryl)for him, a low dose to begin with, and yesterdy was his third does. last night he was lethargic and vomited one, then eliminated on the carpet. We thought this was him adjusting to the new medication and decided to wait til morning to see how he was. This morning he could not stand or hold his hed up. On the way to the emergency vet clinic at 6 am this morning, he seems ot have suffered seizures of some sort and died in the car. We are bereft and were not prepared for his leaving us. I just want to talk to other pet owners who might shed some light. Does anyone know of this or something simliar happening at such an early stage of treatment with trilostane. Hamish' immune system has always been weak, and he suffered from terrible skin conditions in his first 6-7 years. We managed through a careful diet and serum shots to help him get well. I would appreciate any input that might shed some light. I can't get hold of my vet til tomorrow morning. And I am beside myself with grief. We loved hamish dearly.

Default Re: My beloved Westie died this morning...

Dear Hamish's mom,

I am so sad and sorry to hear of his passing. I really don't feel right asking you alot of questions at this time during your grief. Most of us here share your grief or any passing of a cush pup. They are so special to all of us here.

When you feel up to posting further, we would be glad to share our knowledge and experience but we would need to know more history of Hamish's diagnosis.

Peace to you sweet Hamish.

PS: When you registered you placed a period after your name (ie as Hamish's mom. with a period after the actual username) Please remember to use the period when you log in.

... or an admin can remove the period from your username if you ask us to do that, so that the username becomes Hamish's mom without the period after the letters
    Last edited by Roxee's Dad; 08-16-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added PS
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I am profoundly sorry that you have lost your precious Hamish.
    Candy

I too am sorry about Hamish's passing. If you post his photo we will honor him and you can tell us all about him. Take your time, we understand. Bless, Kim

I also am sorry to hear of your sudden loss of your little one, Hamish.

I think at this stage you can be fairly certain that the administration of Trilostane did not contribute to his demise.

It may be that Hamish had Cushing's for a long period and it went un-diagnosed, this happens. Cushing's is a rare issue and is often confused for another.

13 is an elder, even for a small pup like Hamish.

We have a Remembrance section where I know people here will help you put up an image of Hamish and a place where you can post about him

Mine will all get special hugs tonight in his memory.

Scott

I have just edited your personal profile to remove the period after the username as has been sugested. I have also sent you a PM advising you of this change.

Thanks very much brother, John. Scott

And Cushy

I too am so sorry of the sudden loss of your beloved Hamish.

Please know we do understand and are here for you.

With my heartfelt sympathy,
    Lori

Dear Hamish's Mom,

A candle/s has been lit in memory and in honor of Hamish.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C

I do hope you will return and post a picture to honor Hamish in our "In Loving Memory" forum.

Again, I am so sorry for your great loss. I am sure Hamish is watching over you and all of our cush pups.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Hamish and the overwhelming grief you are experiencing right now. Wish I had the answers to ease your mind and and the ability to ease your pain. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace be with you precious Hamish.

With deepest sympathy,
    Louise

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Carol