Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Bestest Boy

Default Re: My Bestest Boy

Big Gulp. Thanks for sharing Marianne. Hugs, Kim

A great tribute to Barkis, and a greater tribute to his very articulate human friends. Thanks for sending it out to the rest of us! Love, hugs and sniffy-kisses.

Dorothy, Peter, Smiley and the rest of our pack.

Thank you so much Marianne, for posting your wonderful tribute to Barkis.

It had to have been difficult for you to write, but it feels good having Barkis talked about here again. More like home, if you know what I mean.

many (((hugs)))

P.S. I always thought that Barkis was one of the best names ever!

P.S. I always thought that Barkis was one of the best names ever!
    Me too!

Marianne,

I came to know you after your life with Barkis, well that was my first thought. And then I had to think, nooooo, I FEEL like I was with you with Barkis....along the way all that time....which can only mean one thing. That's that Barkis lives on so strongly in your heart and through your life that he is still here, ever-present, ever-watching, a guardian angel to all the pups here and on the old board.

When I first came to the old site, I would see your avatar and it always made me smile. That big huge grin of his...the love so apparent in his eyes. The stories of him brought me comfort. And you always giving me strength and hope and inspiration and above all, faith in not only dealing with Cushing's but with life in general.

How I wish I could blink my eyes and bring him back to you....how I wish I had that kind of power. Yet I know that the spirit he had was such a powerful one that he is beside you. Love knows no boundaries...there is no way to hold it...so it must continue its flow back and forth.

The poem you love so much has long ago become my favorite. When Scoobie passed, I read it over and over and over again.

Barkis belongs here along with all of the others who have paved the way and made it possible for people like me to survive this horrid disease.

You are my friend, my source of strength and comfort....and I wish you the comfort you have given be returned in the memory and life and love you share with your special boy....

Love ya....and huge hugs!!!!!!!!
    Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie
    Basset hounds are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Dear Marianne,

Thinking of you and your bestest boy today. What a beautiful tribute you wrote for Barkis - thanks for sharing it. The tears are flowing like they always do whenever I read a tribute to these special angels. I agree with Cushy and Beth - one of the best names ever. Hugs to you.
    Luv,
    Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Marianne,
    This is truely a beautiful tribute to Barkis. It's easy to see how much you loved him and he loved you.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I just want to thank you all SO much for your kind words. They are truly such a help and a comfort.

Spirit Barkis and I have not yet taken our lake walk. We will go soon. And when we do, I'll tell him how his aunties and uncles here are lending me their support and thinking of him fondly. He'll flap his ears and wag his tail and off we'll go...and he'll be thanking you all, too...

With (((hugs))) of gratitude,
    Marianne

My bestest boy! How is it possible that another year has come and gone? It was also a Monday evening six years ago that we lay beside you and loved on you and pretended that we didn’t know what the morning would bring or the decision we would have to face. I don’t know how your dad and I made it through that Tuesday. But you were so brave, always. Always. And you have always been our bestest boy.

At the moment of release, we told you to run back to the mountains. And as luck would have it, that is where I am this evening. Back at your mountain vacation home. I know your spirit has visited me so many times in so many places. But after checking in with your dad in the morning, I hope you’ll run back out here to the mountains tomorrow. I hope you’ll lay next to me and your grandmother after you’ve sniffed around the yard and raised your face to the sun and the breeze. Just for a few moments before you’re off again to help with all the new ones who are arriving at the Bridge. I love you, Barkis. Always my bestest boy and forever in my heart.

In loving memory today and every day ~
    Your mom

Marianne,

I really thought I could read Barkis' tribute this time without crying. How wrong I was. Six years have passed, but the love and memory are strong. I remember the agony you were going through like it was yesterday. Yet it is you who gives us all such comfort with your caring words. I don't have the words, but know that my heart is with you and always will be.

Thank you for honoring Barkis by helping so many others on K9C.
    It is the bestest tribute for the Bestest Boy.

Luv & Hugs ~ Mary Ann

Barkis will forever be a part of our hearts. We love you "bestest boy".
    Sending warm hugs and love to you, Marianne.