Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My Bestest Boy

Default Re: My Bestest Boy

It's Tina!!!!! Hi Tina, waving wildly!!!! We missed you!

Yes, Barkie Boy and Peg are loved by all!! (((((Hugs)))))
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 08-10-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Thinking of you and Peg and Barkis.

Big hugs Marianne
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Memories are bittersweet. Hugs.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

When I reopened this thread today, I couldn’t believe it’s been five years since I was here to write to you, Sweetheart. You’re never far away from my heart in my daily life, but I just hadn’t been back to revisit you here. When I wrote last, Peg had just run off to join you. It gives me such peace to think of you still together, and now with Grandmother there alongside you both, as well. Finally, after all these many years since you first had to leave us, I can honestly say that this anniversary is holding only warm memories for me instead of tears. What a journey this has been. But today I’m not thinking about the end, I’m thinking about the beginning and all the joy and love that you and Daddy and I shared together. You were our first baby, and our Bestest Boy, for sure. In some ways, it seems like such a long time now since we were together. But in other ways, I can close my eyes and it seems like only yesterday. I will love you always.

I do have one more favor to ask. Luna will be turning 13 in a couple of weeks and so we know that, before too long, we’ll be needing to ask for your help once again just like you helped us with Peg. Although it’s getting really hard for her to climb the stairs, every night Luna still wants to come up with us to sleep on *your* bed, just like Peg did before her. I love seeing her snuggled there, and I know you’re watching over her just like you did with Peg. Now both you and Peg will be there to help Daddy and me, and to welcome your little sister when her time comes. Knowing that’s true gives me so much comfort.

So I’ll be lighting a special candle tonight, Sweetheart, just for you. You changed my life for the better in so many ways. You made me a doggy mommy. Thank you for everything, my Angel. Thank you for it all.

I held you in my arms for as long as I could, and now I will hold you in my heart forever.
    Love always from Your Mom

Oh, Marianne...this is so sweet and I'm crying. 17 years....
    Last edited by Joan2517; 08-10-2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: addition
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

You Bestest Boy will always be a true blessing to us all because he shared you with us! Thank you Barkis!
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!