Thread: Checking in for August 2009

Smile Checking in for August 2009

We suspect that we have a good number of folks here who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well and they don't have any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for August 2009

I'm pretty new here...and was just wondering - for the check in, should we do it here? Or, should we update our original thread? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann and Wylie View Post
    I'm pretty new here...and was just wondering - for the check in, should we do it here? Or, should we update our original thread? Thanks!
    Hi! It's probably better to update your original thread. That way, you'll also get replies.

Here's a direct link to yours:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912

It's just me checking in for August. We are in the process of adopting a 1-year old cocker. All's going well, and we still really miss the hole that Rusty has left in our hearts and home.

I have referred a couple of folks to this site, as their cockers have developed Cushings.

Blessings to you all. This is a wonderful site filled with wonderful folks!!

I'll try to read a few posts to get up-to-date on ya'll!

Hey everyone,
    I'm still checking in daily. I think of Dexter daily and still miss him so much. Sophie is very much missed also. They were both so sweet and loving. My husband even commented the other night that Erik is a very good boy, but he isn't like the Boxers. So I guess that means even he misses them.

I hope everyone is doing well. I think of some members that we don't hear from and hope they are doing well.

I'm glad this site is here. You helped me so much when Dexter was going through his battle with Cushing's. As I said I still miss him, them, very much. We had a bond that will never be broken, even by death.
    Christy

Smile Re: Checking in for August 2009

Hi everybody!

We have had a very busy summer. Even managed a trip to California to visit my husband's sister. If you haven't been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, go! It is absolutely fabulous! I especially loved the jelly fish and sea horse exhibits.

Piper Rose (8 months yesterday) has been in puppy training for five weeks. She was doing very well for the first three weeks and is now rebelling fiercely. I can't decide if she needs a break or if I should repeat this class as I am sure we are not going to pass. She is an extremely submissive, loving, devoted and playful pup. Very distracted by the other dogs in class. I have trouble getting her to pay attention to me and the instructor tells me I am way tooooooo nice. Piper's feelings get hurt so easily I am afraid to be very firm. Do you think she knows that and is playing me?

Hugs to all of you and your dear companions.

Lyn
    Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)

I can't wait for Summer!
    My aches and pains are causing a few problems.

Luke and Joey are doing great. It's been over 6 months and they are now sure they will keep us. Both are doing to dog obedience school and are doing as well as expected. Not always stars but hardly ever the dunces.

Phoebe is getting really frail but is still a joy even though I have to keep her separated from the boys so they don't hurt her with their rough play. I don't think she has gone downhill but her age (17 1/2) is so much more obvious since we got Luke and and Joey. If she isn't sleeping I have to carry her around which means I get nothing done.

I still miss Nelson and Buddy but life goes on. We even have an 11yo black mini poodle holidaying with us while his people are in the UK so the house is still so full of dogs but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jenny

Smile Re: Checking in for August 2009

Well, we're finally getting some summer weather here in Toronto. Unfortunately it isn't great for Kira. She just hates this heat! Other than the heat though, she's doing really well. She spend most of the day out in the backyard. That's another reason she hates this heat. When it gets up into the 90's in the afternoon, I make her come into the nice air conditioned house. She looks at me like it's my fault, this weather.

She spends most of the day napping, but when there's something to do, she' there, ready to do it.

Can't believe it was about this time last year that I first noticed some of her Cushings symptoms. It's almost a year now, but I must say, she definitely rallied.

Heidi & Kira