Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Lucygoo - Pit. macroadenoma, endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery, trans-oral approach

Default Re: Lucygoo

I posted this a while back at K9D for a dog with severe neuropathy...

Something that might help are several excellent products for helping with mobility.

What is affectionately known as "the butt leash" (most of these available at http://www.handicappedpets.biz/www/p...nd-slings.html and many other vendors):

This is another one we bought but never ended up using, via Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&pcatid=8082):

And a leaner model, also courtesy of Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...2&pcatid=19912):

These products have literally saved dogs' lives by making it possible for them to regain their mobility. In many cases, pain relief gave them enough mobility to eventually no longer need these devices.

Another thing that can help if the problem is getting up from a down position and/or slippery floors. Booties with rubber soles helped Moria tremendously too. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=13539

Hi Gina,
    Getting back to work with help with your sanity. Lucy will be convalescing for quite a while. I made (at someones suggestion) a version of Natalia's picture 2 by cutting the sides out of a fabric shopping bag and it worked quite well, didn't look as smart as those bought ones but did the same job. Just the fact that Lucy is eating and doing her business is great and only time will help with the mobility. Keep us posted.
    Jenny

Gina,

I have a couple of the devices illustrated.

The first image of two slings, I have the hindquarters one. It works good but does not stay positioned as illustrated, I think if I needed another I would go for the red one from Foster and Smith.

The Ultrapaws in the last illustration are great, they are easy to put on, not expensive and really give some good traction. If you get them make sure you remove them in the evening to let the feet breath.

Scott

Hi all...

Just wanted to thank everyone for all your invaluable help, but I won't be posting any more. I just got so creeped out that someone actually called Dr. Bruyette and mentioned me and Lucy. I know it's my fault....I should know that anything you write on the internet can be seen by anyone and everyone, but I'm just not that internet savvy. For me it was a therapeutic, journaling thing, and to get feedback from other people with dogs and this disease, which did really help me, but a lot of the stuff I wrote was just emotional venting, and if he's read my whole thread I wouldn't be surprised if lucy and I got kicked out of the study.

So it's been a pleasure...and thank you all so very, very much If you're still interested in Lucy's progress you can send me a private message and we can e-mail.

Thanks again,
    Gina and Lucy

Gina,

Honey, I read and reread your thread, I didn't find anything that you would be kicked out for. OMG, sweetie, what's wrong?

Lori

Gina, I believe that anybody who reads your thread will be overwhelmed and touched by your love for Lucy and your efforts to get her the very best treatment possible! If I were a vet, I'd be pleased to know how hard you have worked to learn as much about Lucy's condition as you can. I hope you will reconsider and remain with us here, so that we all can continue this journey together.

Many (((hugs))) to you and Lucy,
    Marianne

Gina,

I understand how you are feeling...one of the boys' vets reads a lot on the internet. I thought one day, OMG what if he reads my thread??? But the I thought, what if he does? I always stuck my vet, anything I posted here I asked him personally anyway, and I never disrespected him in any decision when it came to the boys. Yes, it made me question him more, it also made him think about some things more, and he always appreciated that bc it made him see things how I was seeing them. It's hard to explain. But, I don't think you'd be kicked out of the study...this thread isn't about questionning his ability.....rather as Marianne pointed out, it is a testament to your love for Lucy....it is just a human being with a huge big heart trying to sort her way through doing what is best for her beloved dog....who can fault you for that? And yes, it is also a release to people who have walked in, well not the same shoes bc of the pioneer that Lucy is, but to people who understand what it is like to live with Cushing's and the questions we all have, and frustrations, and even celebrations.
    I hope you can stay.....Lots of hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Gina,

I have followed your thread and just read through the entire thread again and I see nothing that would cause any problems.

Your tremendous love and devotion to your Lucy is all I see as well as your admiration for Dr. B. Just like we all admire Dr. O. here (both are heros).

Please, please do stay with us and keep posting. I know you feel "exposed" right now but what has just been performed with your Lucy will come up more and more because it is a big breakthrough for all cushpups here. Take heart in that.

continued healing ((((hugs)))) to you both and please keep posting.
    Terry

Default Re: Lucygoo, Pit. macroadenoma, endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery, trans-oral approa

This thread is now closed and has been moved to our archives for safekeeping.

There is another thread on the main messageboard, however, where Gina posts updates about Lucy and where members can still post replies. Here's the link to that thread:

Lucygoo updates:
    http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534