PDA

View Full Version : Problems with photos

labblab
10-18-2018, 10:25 AM
Just wanted to let everybody know that we’re experiencing a temporary issue with photos. Some people are having trouble uploading pictures, and also the cover pages of albums are messed up, with the photos appearing skinny and misshapen.

But don’t worry — we’ll be working on fixing this ASAP!

Marianne

Joan2517
10-18-2018, 10:29 AM
I noticed that yesterday!

Katy1
05-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone, Just tried to upload some pics of Gracie and one of them was sideways and I don't even know if they landed in her album or not. Sorry for being such a pain. Blessing to all. Karen

Harley PoMMom
05-09-2019, 01:58 AM
Hi Everyone, Just tried to upload some pics of Gracie and one of them was sideways and I don't even know if they landed in her album or not. Sorry for being such a pain. Blessing to all. Karen

I went to your profile page and didn't see an album created for photos, so you would need to do that before uploading any pictures.

labblab
05-09-2019, 07:51 AM
I don’t see an album, either. One thought, though — when creating albums, you have the option of selecting a public or a private viewing option. The private option means you have to specifically identify the members to whom you want to give permission to see your album. If you have indeed already created an album, click on “Edit Album” and double-check which viewing option is enabled. Generally, folks want the public option to be in force.

As far as photos loading sideways, sometimes this just happens based on the configuration of the original photo. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any way to alter this :-(.

Katy1
05-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Wow, I am just one big problem today! I’ll try again and see what happens. Thanks.

Joan2517
05-09-2019, 11:24 AM
The albums have not looked right for a long time now, and I haven't been able to upload any.

Harley PoMMom
05-09-2019, 06:36 PM
The albums have not looked right for a long time now, and I haven't been able to upload any.

Joan, I am sorry you are having trouble and hopefully we'll be able to help. Are you having issues with pictures or albums, and what error/s are you receiving?

Joan2517
05-09-2019, 06:45 PM
I haven't tried in so long Lori, I don't remember what it was.

Squirt's Mom
05-10-2019, 11:53 AM
It always tells me my pics are too large but I don't know how to resize so I don't. LOL

Harley PoMMom
05-10-2019, 08:35 PM
Picture size is limited to 600 pixels X 600 pixels, so if the picture is larger than that it will need to be resized. I use Microsoft's program called "paint" to resize my photos.

Katy1
05-11-2019, 01:57 AM
I resized my photos to the thumbnail size,whatever that is, and they uploaded somewhere. When I view my profile I can see a photo album called ‘“Gracie” but when I try to open it there are no photos. It’s probably “operator error” but I haven’t had time. Thanks for all the advice and I ‘ll try again when I have some time for that. Blessings.Karen

Harley PoMMom
05-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Karen,

I still don't see an album on your profile page. Did you create an album?