PDA

View Full Version : Finally !!! able to find you all

Threedoglady
06-26-2009, 11:02 AM
:DHello friends
I'm glad that we can have this wonderful site to come to ,I have really missed all my friends since the other site was lost .First Kiazer is doing very well other than some skin problems and old age stuff ;all minor considering the surgery he had for the Cushings tumor,thanks to all of you who really saved his life with all your advice. THANK-YOU ALL AGAIN
There has been another terrible thing happen in our home .
On june the 5 our little girl Farlie was ill she had stopped eating and seemes to be very uncomfortable .We called the vet and took her in on the 5th thinking the worst thing was going to be leaving her overnight (as that morning she had also stopped drinking) as she would need IV fluids .They said to do a blood workup ( she had just had one the begining of May) then X-rays if necessary.I stayed till they had her settled in her ''room'' .I had to go home to prepare food for her as she has alot of food allergys that was at 12:30 I had been there since around 10 . At 2:30 the phone rang and my heart was broken she has inoperable cancer and needs to be freed from her pain . I am sorry but I cannot continue right now

Wylie's Mom
06-26-2009, 11:59 AM
The Shebas are back! Welcome back Brenda!

I'm so very sorry about Farlie:(, you take your time...

(((Hugs)))
-Susy

gpgscott
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Brenda,

I am happy to see your post and very sad for your little Farlie.

I will be waiting and praying for you both.

Please post again when you can.

Scott

lulusmom
06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Brenda, we are so happy to have you back home but I am so, so sorry that your first post in our new home includes the sad news of your Farlie. I don't even know what to say except that having had to make the same decision to let my sweet Otis go a few weeks ago, I feel your pain and anguish. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glynda

MiniSchnauzerMom
06-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi Brenda,

I had been wondering how you and Kia were doing. Glad that Kia continues to do well since his surgery.

I was saddened to read about your sweet girl Farlie and am so sorry for your loss. Come back and post when you're ready....we'll be here.

Take care,
Louise

Threedoglady
06-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello again ,
thank-you all for your sympathy .Farlie has left a very large void in my heart and in our home I MISS HER LITTLE FACE SO MUCH .
But these little guys do get on with life ---don't they .On june 16th Dave took Kia and Ruthie for a walk .They were back too soon , as soon as I heard the suv I knew something was wrong!! Dave came in with Kia and Ruth , Ruth was holding up her back leg .She had injured herself and Dave was not sure what she had done as he did not see her . I checked her , it was, I thought a knee injury which I am very familar with ;Kia has had both cruciate's repaired and Ruth has had one also !! We went to see Dr Nora the next day and she also thinks it is the Cruciate .Of course it could not be her already repaired
knee it just had to be her good knee .So tomorrow june 29th she is having her other knee done .Our Dr is on holiday so he has called in a board cert surgeon to do the surgery I hope it go's well .
Ruth is a ''rescue '' and has many issues .With her last surgery our vet gave her enough seditive to keep her out for 10 to 12 hours (we had to go to TO that day and I wanted to be there when she woke)
she was up 1 hour after: and was so agitated they were concerned that she might hurt herself so they wanted us to come and get her right away.we were there about 2hours after that .To this day 2YRS later whenever I go out she crys and howls as well as refusing to eat or drink untill I return .So I am concerned about the outcome for her emotionally as I a will be ther but she MUST stay overnight as she is a senior now .
I must close puppy call will ''talk'' more later
BRENDA and the shiba's

MiniSchnauzerMom
06-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi Brenda,

These pups don't seems to give us Mom's/Dad's a vacation from the vet's office, huh!! Will be thinking positive thoughts for you, your hubby and Ruth tomorrow. Hope all goes well with her knee surgery and that she isn't too stressed due to her mandatory overnight stay.

Give Ruth (and Kia) some extra petting from me and Munchie is sending some "healing cyber-slurps".

Take care,

Louise & Munchie

gpgscott
06-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Munchie is sending some "healing cyber-slurps".

Take care,

Louise & Munchie

Brenda, hoping it all goes well, but be warned, Munchie comes by his name honestly:eek:

Scott

Roxee's Dad
06-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi Brenda,
Wishing you and Ruth an easy going on the surgery. Maybe give the vet a shirt that you have worn so she will have your scent to comfort her while she is laid up overnight.

Squirt's Mom
07-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey Brenda! :D

Glad you made it to our new home! :) Ain't it wonderful?! :cool::):cool:

How is Ruthie doing? Let us know how things went when you can. It is so good to see you and Kia here; we have had several folks with adrenal tumors lately and I know Kia's story will help others.

Please feel free to post a tribute to Farlie in the In Loving Memory section at:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

We would be honored to have you share her story with us, and to help keep her memory alive. There is no rush, you may do this at any time when you are ready.

I know how much you love your baby and how much you miss her but know that you did the only thing you could have for Farlie. She knows you spared her a great deal of pain and suffering, and is grateful to you for this final loving gift. Farlie will remain with you always, watching over you with all her love.

Hugs to you and your household!
Our deepest sympathy for the loss of your beloved Farlie,
Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal