PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Abby.

Meg_Elizabeth
06-23-2015, 12:13 AM
My best friend is gone. I watched her die in my arms. I cannot breathe, I cannot stop crying. My beautiful, angelic baby girl is gone forever. May she be greeted by my loving pappy in heaven and may I find some peace on earth

Robert
06-23-2015, 04:14 AM
So so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and Abby. Know that you have given Abby the greatest gift of all - a pain free comfortable escape. I know tommy and Tammy - my two beautiful souls in heaven- were there to greet and welcome Abby.

mytil
06-23-2015, 06:18 AM
I am very sad to read this news.

Fly free sweet Abby and keep an eye on Meg.

Sending my ((((hugs)))) and healing prayers

Terry

patches123
06-23-2015, 06:58 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know your girl arrived safely while she waits for the day you will be together again. I know my baby Patches was there to greet her with open paws. God bless.

Meg_Elizabeth
06-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Thank you all very much. I have to believe in heaven. I have to believe I'll see her again. My heart is broken, I cannot live in a world without my Abby :(

Squirt's Mom
06-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Many hugs, Meg. I know your sweet girl is watching over you with the same love and devotion you gave to her all her life.

Fly free, sweet Abby, fly free and know you are loved.

A Special Gift

They're a very special gift, to be cherished and loved;
You're chosen for each other by God Himself above.
It's a match made in heaven so it can't be wrong;
You're tied together by a bond that's oh so strong.

All they'll ever ask from you is to be loved and fed,
And at night make sure they have fresh water and a bed.
In return, for so little, the rewards are so great!
You'll get a companion for life with some very special traits.

When you are lost and the end seems so far away
They'll walk by your side, they'll help you find your way.
When life gets you down they can put a smile on your face
As they run you in circles with their fast pace.

You'll share the good with the bad, you'll be happy and sad;
And through it all you have a friend, the best you ever had.
You're time together will be special and unique;
It will be as priceless to you as a rare antique.

Then, before you know it, the day will arrive
When suddenly your life takes a steep dive.
The furry friend who's been with you for all of these years
Has now passed on and left you in tears.

As you sit and wonder what did I do?
Why is this all happening to you?
Into each of our lives a little rain must fall,
And you must be strong to answer the call.

Your little one's spirit has flown home on the wings of a dove,
To a special place that awaits them in heaven above.
St. Francis will meet them; when they get home
He will take them to a meadow where they're free to roam.

There in the meadows, down by the pond,
Your furry friend will remember his loving bond.
He'll look into the water, then you appear;
He can see you're frightened, he can feel your fear.

Through the bond that still ties you from heaven above
He looks down upon you, he sends you his love.
Because you loved him and because you care
Whenever you need him, he'll always be there.

There, in the meadows, they patiently wait for the day
When you will celebrate your life together, each and every day.
Waiting for that day; when you come walking back home
When together for an eternity through the meadows you'll roam.

Author Unknown

Budsters Mom
06-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Oh Meg, Abby is now at peace. She loves you so much! She always will. She wants you to find peace too.

Big hugs,
Kathy

Wrighton
06-23-2015, 02:12 PM
May the road rise up before her, the wind be at her back and until you meet again, may God hold her in the palm of His hand.
My sincerest sympathy,
Gail and Icy, Paige and Jamison

labblab
06-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Dear Meg,

You have been in my thoughts and my heart ever since hearing the news about Abby. It has just taken me a little while to be able to write any words down. I have been visiting your photo album daily, and savoring all the images of sweet Abby that are there. I keep revisiting this one in particular. I don't know exactly when it was taken, but somehow it brings special comfort to me as I hope it does to you, too.

In that photo, Abby looks to me as if she was already beginning her journey onward. She knew exactly where she was headed, but with a loving smile backward, to let you know that she was fine and for you not to worry. "I am moving on, Mom, I am ready to move on." With the sun on her face, and the green grass ahead, she was already halfway an angel, testing her legs for the steps ahead.

No matter how much pain you've had to endure yourself, Meg, I believe that Abby's spirit knew just how to protect itself from physical pain. When the time came that her body failed, Abby's spirit was already safely on her way and making her passage into the sunshine.

Nobody and nothing can ever replace her. I can only imagine how dearly you are missing her now. My prayer for you is that when you are missing her the most, you can close your eyes and imagine her as she looked back at you so lovingly right at that beautiful sunny moment. She knew she was meant to go ahead first, but also knew that your love will always bind and connect you until the day you follow, after you've lived out your own life to its fullest just as Abby did. Your beautiful sweet angel, forever in your heart.

MiamiThom
06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
I am so sorry Meg! There are no words to take away your pain .. sending virtual hugs to you in this tough time.

Meg_Elizabeth
06-24-2015, 05:50 PM
https://imgur.com/a/Qb3UI#0
My dear friends,
I cannot tell you how much your prayers and condolences and words of kindness, hope, and comfort have meant to me. I read these posts daily because it is hard for me to even get out of bed, knowing I will never see my dog again.

You have been my backbone, keeping me going through this horrible, unbearable time and I cannot thank you enough. I could never thank you enough. The picture of Abby in the sunlight looking back at me was taking very very recently. She was in so much pain and I kept telling her, it'll all be over soon baby. The pain will be gone soon, I promise. I think she truly understood me. Because on the last day of her life, she wasn't anxious or scared. She was peaceful, calm, and ready. Now I know why. You've all given me so much faith and strength. I really hope she knows much she is loved and missed, I really hope she will see me again in heaven.
All my love
-Meg

My sweet Ginger
06-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Oh Meg, she will see you again. I truly believe she will.
It gives me a sense of relief that she took her last breath in your tender, loving arms. I think it was a great comfort to her in her last moment because that was all she ever wanted. Being loved by you in your arms. She left us as a happy dog because at that moment nothing else mattered to her, the struggle, the pain, the separation, the loneliness ..., none of those mattered to her.
She slipped into a deep sleep peacefully knowing she was being loved by you right in your arms. That's all she knew and that's all that mattered to her at that moment and we all know how they live in the moment to the fullest.
I hope you can find some comfort in that.
You will see your sweet angel again, Meg. I truly believe you will.

molly muffin
06-24-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm so sorry Meg. Abby always was so very photogenic. Her coat always looked really good and she had an inquisitive look about it. Ready to face the world.
She was truly an inspiring furbaby. I always loved her pictures.

Big hugs.

apollo6
06-25-2015, 01:13 PM
Dear Meg I am so sorry for your lose. Abby was truly a beautiful little girl. I don't know why but I am crying . May your sweet angel be at peace. She will always been in your heart and soul. We are here to get you through the pain,grief and lose.
Sonja,Angel Apollo

Budsters Mom
06-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Hi Meg,

I truly know how worried you have been all along about how you were going to cope when Abby finally joined the others at the rainbow bridge. Right now your heart is broken. We understand. Too many of us have been there and we have all survived and you will too. ;)

I am much older than you are Meg. Several of my beloved fur babies are now at the rainbow bridge, two of which were heart dogs. I, like you had a furry little brother who was with me from the time I was three until he crossed after my 18th birthday. I have two older brothers, but Spot was my soulmate, best friend and by far my best brother. I would've easily traded in one of my real brothers, either one, to keep Spot with me forever. That was the first time that my heart was truly broken, yet I survived. I had a few other dogs between Spot and Buddy. I loved them, but they were not heart dogs. I really did not think I would ever have another heart dog again. Well, Buddy came along and that all changed. So, over 10 years later, I lost another heart dog and yes, my heart was shattered again, yet I survived. Now I have another dog that I love very much. As of now, she is not a heart dog, but she is young and adorable and who knows? The point being… I keep getting my heart broken, I know it's coming, but being blessed enough to be loved and accepted by someone so fully for just being myself is so worth it.

So Meg, yes your heart is broken now, but think of your sweet angel Abby and how much being loved by her for so long and so fully will mean to you forever. Love like that will stay with you for a lifetime.

I have really tried to stress upon you all along that I am not all wise and do not have all the answers to the questions you seek. I have tried to listen, support and encourage you to reach out to the others also because this group is so kind, loving and experienced. They have guided me in ways that I never would have thought of myself and saved my sanity when I needed someone the most. This is a family here. That doesn't change when our babies fly.

Know that Abby would want you to find peace within youself and remember the happier, healthier days together.

Note!!!! Please discuss Abby's crossing with your doctors, counselors and therapists. You have a whole team at your disposal. They are there to guide you and help. Use them!
Kathy

Meg_Elizabeth
06-29-2015, 08:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VCNY9hZ.jpg

Meg_Elizabeth
06-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Hugs to everyone .... This is a pain I would never wish on anyone. Abby was so loved, the cards and gifts are pouring in. RIP my beloved best friend. My heart aches for you, I see you everywhere, I hear your footprints in the foyer, I see your tiny head popping in my room to ask for a walk. I miss you with every fiber of my being and would do anything to see you and be with you again. My only relief comes in knowing your prancing happily, free of pain, through heaven with all our fur babies. I hope you know I love you so much Abby. I hope you feel my love. I hope you never forget me. I hope you forgive me for letting you suffer so long. Talk to you soon, angel.
Xoxo Mom

Squirt's Mom
06-30-2015, 08:21 AM
After Squirt had to go, I would see her all over the place, hear her coming down the hall or moving around in the closet where she liked to lay. At first, it made me hurt all over when that happened and it happened often. Then it brought me a deep peace and comfort when I realized I wasn't seeing her as she was her last year in this life, I was seeing her as she is now - strong, full of energy and mischief again, her tail held high, a light dancing in her eye, her steps light and prancing. So I knew without question she was well and oh so much better than when she left. Today, over a year later, I rarely see her or hear her any more and I miss that terribly. Sometimes she comes when I am really low or when I ask her to go somewhere with me but I know she understands her mom is healing, slow but sure, and mom no longer needs to be reminded so often of what a glorious life she has today. Don't get me wrong - I still cry every day missing her and at times would give everything I am to hold her one more time.

Meg, we will both get that wish one of these days - we WILL get to hold our baby girls again. But not yet. We both have a job to do here in this life first. You may not know yet what that job is for you but you will learn in time. Abby may even help show you. ;)

Hugs,
Leslie

Meg_Elizabeth
06-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Thank you so much for your post Leslie, because I truly thought I was crazy. It gives me hope, that I'll survive this. That Abby is in a better place, and she wouldn't want me to spend all day sobbing by her memorial. I know it sounds so pathetic but she was my best friend, my soul mate, she was a part of me. I don't know how to live in a world without my little Abby. There is a puppy here, I'm about to post, but I feel nothing but grief.

Budsters Mom
07-01-2015, 12:58 AM
Give yourself time to feel what you need to feel Meg and be gentle with yourself. Broken hearts take time time to heal. Baby steps sweetie.

scoora
07-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Meg,
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of sweet Abby.
Hugs