PDA

View Full Version : Picture next to name

Wrighton
04-18-2015, 05:02 AM
i finally got my dog's picture into her album, I think. However, I tried to get it to come with her thread, but can't. I really tried but don't have control of the vocabulary.
Gail

mytil
04-18-2015, 06:43 AM
If you are talking about the Avatar here are the instructions.
In the upper Left Hand corner of the menu bar you will see User CP (click this). This will take you to another screen.
Then you will see on the Left Hand side options - find Edit Avatar. (click this) and you will be taken to another menu where you can upload a photo. Any troubles, let us know.

Your Icy is absolutely beautiful!

Terry

labblab
04-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Hi Gail, good job with uploading Icy's photo -- she's a beauty! :) :)

The little picture beside your name is called an "Avatar." For instructions re: setting up an avatar, go to your User Control Panel. On the left-hand menu, you will see "Edit Avatar" (its the first item under the "Settings and Options" heading). Just click on that, and you will be able to proceed with your upload.

Good luck!!

P.S. I see Terry and I were typing at the same time. ;)

Wrighton
04-18-2015, 07:47 AM
I am trying to edit the Advar from the pictures on my iPad but when I try I get a lock saying I can't access. Sorry the picture is sidewards. It wasn't. Honestly I can't understand my computer any more than I can Cushings!

Thanks.

Gail

labblab
04-18-2015, 11:33 AM
Gosh, I'm sorry you're having a hard time adding your avatar. Are you able to send photos by email? If so, you can send the picture you want to use to our forum mailbox, and one of us staffers can try to upload it for you. The address is: k9cushings@gmail.com.

As for Icy's picture loading sideways, there must be some way to rotate it in your album, but I'm not sure how to do it, either. Maybe somebody else will stop by to tell us!

mytil
04-19-2015, 07:11 AM
I am sorry you are having troubles with this. I do not see a way in which to rotate a photo that has already been uploaded but am checking on it.

If you want this photo (the one in your album) to be used as your Avatar, I can upload this photo today as your Avatar - just let me know.

Terry

mytil
04-19-2015, 07:22 AM
All done. :)

labblab
04-19-2015, 07:24 AM
YAY!!!! Good job, Terry! Icy looks wonderful! :) :) :) ;)

Wrighton
04-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Icy says thanks so much, Terry. Maybe it's the start of things turning around for me!
Icy and Gail

Budsters Mom
04-19-2015, 03:09 PM
She's Beautiful!:)

peony
12-29-2015, 07:43 PM
I have tried several times and I keep getting this message: Upload of file failed.
I resized my avatar to 12KB so it shouldn't be too large. It is there for me to see when I go back and try and change it again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

labblab
12-29-2015, 08:00 PM
YAY, I'm seeing Kirby's sweet face, so it looks like it worked after all. :) :) :)