PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for December 2014

mytil
12-01-2014, 07:13 AM
"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

pansywags
12-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone! Wanted to check in and wish you and yours a happy holiday season. It's been 8 months since I said goodbye to Pansy and I still have hard days sometimes. Shadow, the deaf white boxer with separation anxiety that I brought home from the pound, has been successfully rehomed with a big boxer brother and they're totally in love. As I'd hoped, having another dog around is the key to her happiness and she's fine being left behind with her buddy Duke. She is safe, loved and happy and her new family is generous about sharing pictures with me online so I get to see what she's up to.

The timing of Shadow's adoption could not have been better, as a few days later I had a major plumbing problem in the house (burst supply line) and I'm living in a hotel until the damage is all repaired. The week before Thanksgiving was pretty exciting with mold remediation equipment running all over the house and a parade of contractors tromping through. We're still working out schedules but I hope to be able to move home again by Christmas. This has all been a challenge, but it would have been so much harder with a 56 lb puppy to wrangle in the middle of it all.

I'd say I wish your holidays were less complicated than mine, but who am I kidding, most of you are dealing with Cushing's dogs, right? :^) Instead, I'll wish for all of you that, like Shadow, you are right where you belong this holiday season.

This has been a challenging year and your wisdom and support meant to much to me when Pansy and I were going through the worst. Thank you!

TotesLove
12-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi. I am new
I am so sorry for your loss

pansywags
12-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Thanks for your kind words, TotesLove.