PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful Dusty has passed

dustopher
10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Hello Everyone:
It's been a while, Dusty had cushing's disease and passed away this morning. His gall bladder ruptured. He was just fine Saturday morning and Saturday night we were at ER. He died by my side this morning. I'm heartbroken and feel so lost. Any words will help.

Monica :(

apollo6
10-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Dear Monica,
My heart aches for you,may your beautiful Dusty be at peace. There are no words that I can say to comfort you,for the one thing you want is Dusty back.[QUOTE]Your Pets In Heaven
By Ken D. Conover
To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.
I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other’s lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.
Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.
We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.
Your Pets in Heaven[/QUOTE
You don't have to grieve alone. Know we enfold in our love and comfort.
Sonja and Angel Apollo

Squirt's Mom
10-21-2014, 08:17 AM
I Haven't Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh.

But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all.

So, dear Master, as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through Heaven’s gate.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Trinket, Brick, Sophie, Fox and all our Angels

mytil
10-21-2014, 08:56 AM
My deepest condolences!!!! I am so very sorry.

We will always remember you and your sweet boy here.

Terry

dustopher
10-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Dear Leslie, Trinket, Brick, Sophie, Fox and all our Angels
and Terry

Thank you for the beautiful poem, how true it seems to be. I'm so lost and it is an open sore. So unexpected, so unprepared. I'm thankful he died in my arms and I was there to hold and kiss him.

You all are special and I thank you

Monica

Squirt's Mom
10-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Such a hard time at first but it does get better, slowly and questionably, but it does get better. One day, you will find yourself smiling at some memory, then later you will laugh and it will surprise you to learn you still can. The tears will still fall and your breath will still refuse to come at times but those precious memories can sustain us and carry us through the worst of it. Cling to them and know your precious boy is still nearby, watching over you, loving you as much as always.

Hugs,
Leslie

Anita
10-23-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm so very sorry about Dusty I can't imagine the pain you are going through it breaks my heart and puts me in tears just to hear about this I know it is easy for other people to say time heals the wound but it never really does you never forget something you love my heart is with you if you ever need to talk I will always be here rip Dusty we all love you Sammy's mom anita

jas77450
11-01-2014, 09:09 PM
My heart aches for you. I lost my Cosmo a few days before you lost your Dusty. Wish I had the words to take the pain away but unfortunately I don't. I am soo sorry and send hugs and prayers.