PDA

View Full Version : Pansy, the Velveteen Boxer

pansywags
05-05-2014, 11:21 AM
When I brought Pansy home, it was really important to one of the kids across the street to know her birthday. I chose Cinco de Mayo, figuring I could remember it. Every Cinco de Pansy we had a little celebration with a 'cake' made of hamburger or salmon patties, frosted with mashed potatoes. Today would have been Pansy's (allegedly) 9th 'birthday'. She was such a good sport about the photo sessions, and this year I was going to show my appreciation by making the day hatless.

Happy fake birthday, Pansy Lou Who! I miss you terribly - each and every one of my days has a huge boxer-shaped hole in it now.

Remembering more celebratory times: http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=869&pictureid=6713

mytil
05-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Big Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I am sure she is celebrating at the Rainbow Bridge with all of our pups who have passed all the while keeping an eye on you.

Always will remember your Pansy!
Terry

Squirt's Mom
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Happy 9th Birthday, sweet Pansy!

PS - watch out for my Crys...she will eat your cake and steal your hat! :p

molly muffin
05-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Happy Cinco de Pansy!

What wonderful pictures!! So sweet.

hugs,
sharlene and molly muffin

gatorgirl_bama
05-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Happy day after "Cinco de Pansy"! She was a beautiful baby.

pansywags
05-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I've left town twice now since Pansy's been gone. I'm sure many of you can relate - I've been unable to travel for awhile, even for one night, because as Pansy's health declined, the details of her ever-increasing daily regimen were too complex to think about putting on someone else.

It's good to be able to get away - I deliberately took myself away for Pansy de Mayo, knowing it was going to be a difficult day - but there's a new small heartbreak with every homecoming, knowing there will be no full-insanity greeting upon my return.

molly muffin
05-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes, many of us can relate to that and sometimes taking yourself away from the constant reminder, is good for the soul too.
The homecoming is bittersweet as the house seems so empty without them.
hugs
Sharlene and molly muffin

pansywags
05-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I've been wearing Pansy's tag on a chain around my neck for six weeks now (I'm glad I got her such a pretty tag!). It's time to take it off, but she'll always be close to my heart.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=869&pictureid=6724

molly muffin
05-10-2014, 02:57 PM
The tag is beautiful. Maybe just hang it up somewhere in the house where you can see it and have it comfort you when needed.

hugs
sharlene and molly muffin

pansywags
05-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Sharlene. I'm glad I bought that one and haven't been wearing the pet-store-stamped blue aluminum one shaped like a bone that Pansy wore for much of her life with me!

I put the tag back on her collar (next to her original rescue tag), which is hanging on my bedpost.

Harley PoMMom
05-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Pansy's tag is beautiful, and yes, they certainly do live forever in our hearts....(((HUGS)))