PDA

View Full Version : Needing this forum!

lleigh
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Thank goodness for our new home!!!!

Even though I no longer care for a cushpup, I feel an incredibly strong attachment to this forum. You stood by my side, held my hand, cried with me, gave wonderful advice, and most importantly, extended your friendship and love while I struggled with all the decisions about food, medications, and the ultimate. I can't thank you enough for being here.

This may be a little weird, but I honestly sense that I am with my baby when I visit here and it feels really good.

Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)

ladysmom06
06-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Lyn,

I don't think it's weird at all. I know just what you mean. I joined the old cushings site when Lady's vet first suspected she had cushings in July 06. I made so many friends who helped me all through Lady's journey with diabetes and cushings. Even though she's gone I still feel an attachment to this site and all the wonderful people here. Hugs to you.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

labblab
06-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Dear Lyn and Lynne, :) :)

I don't think it's weird, either! I also feel so close to my Barkis, too, when I am "here"...:o Even though several years have now passed since he was physically here beside me, I always think of him with every reply that I post. I see his sweet face (he's my avatar :)), and I also remember how much being here helped me through his treatment and his passing. And now, when there are times that I can be helpful to others here, I feel as though I am honoring him by sharing the knowledge that I have gained from our experiences -- his and mine -- together. In just that same way, I believe you two are honoring Lucy and Lady through the kindness and support that you share so willingly here.

I am so glad that you both have returned to us! You two and Lucy and Lady will always remain members of our family. Your ongoing presence is a gift to us all. Thank you both for being here, and for continuing to share your journeys with us! :) :o ;)

Marianne

gpgscott
06-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Hello Lyn and also Lyn and also Marianne.

You both are valued as members and as friends by many of us.

I understand your thoughts and I think we will all always be connected in some sense.

I am glad we are all able to talk about it.

Scott

mytil
06-07-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't think it is weird or strange at all either.

When I had to let my Mytilda go years ago, I made a promise to her and that is to pass on the support, and knowledge and be there for others just like they were there for me - it was my way of honoring her and her memory.

Your pups, all of our pups, will continue to have a place of honor and remembrance here and that offers so much comfort. Frankly speaking when the other site became unavailable, I had a strange sense that I lost part of Mytilda and I know others felt this too - but they are here now together like before.

And I sure am glad you both are continuing to be here for others too ~ I know your girls would be very proud!!!

Terry

Wylie's Mom
06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't peruse through the "Everything Else" forum that often, but when I read this...

...I honestly sense that I am with my baby when I visit here and it feels really good.

I got chills - good chills:p;)!!!

-Susy