PDA

View Full Version : They never leave us.....

Robert
03-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Hi all
Just read a post about a picture of a dearly missed dog appearing as a screensaver.
I had to let my little man tommy go after 14 and a half years last September. Miss him everyday still. One thing he always did was the first kibble of food he ate he would throw pretty high in the air several times before he ate it and then would scoff the rest. When I first got little Bella not long after he passed she was eating and I was thinking god I hope tom doesn't mind I got a pup so soon. Bella then threw a kibble in the air several times like tom used to. That is the only time she has ever done that. I know tom is ok with me getting her when I did.

gatorgirl_bama
03-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Good morning Robert.

I have my girls pictures as my screen savers on every computer, ipad, phone and laptop I have. And every time I use one, I see them. Most times I cry because my emotions are still so raw, Tia in August and Tippi in December, but some times I smile and think back to when the pictures were being taken.
I went to look a some pups that a backyard breeder had that was closing down, thank God. I wanted another female shih tzu as a companion for our 2 1/2 yo male since he was she lonely without the girls. I talked to Tia before I left and ask her to let Mama know if this was the right thing to do. There were puppies of all makes, mixed and pure bred. Puppies every where. There was this one little mixed girl was in such bad shape and she was older that kept jumping up and pushing the puppies out of the way each time I went to pick one up. I went to the car and sat a while, but some thing (Tia) sent me back to that little girl. I took her to the vet that next week. Mange, ear infection and respiratory infection. She's all better now. She looks like a mixture of shih tzu, yorkie and weenie, with a fox tail!

My husband was cleaning the girls graves this past weekend while the pups were outside playing and he looked at me and said, "you know Tia sent her to us". Yep, I knew!

Our angels are something else!

Take care,
Donna

grapey
03-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Robert, your story made me cry. Thank you for sharing it.

apollo6
03-14-2014, 01:53 PM
What a beautiful story. Have gone through the same myself. 4 months after my Angel Apollo died,something propelled me to look at rescue sites. I adopted another dachie,who was very anxious,fearfully and afraid of everything. I became frustrated because it seemed he was not grasping how to learn new tricks as easily as my Apollo. I asked Apollo to help,and guide him. He started learning and one day the music box he so loved started playing on its own. I have his picture as my screen saver on my IPad,my phone. I wear a lock of his fur around my neck.
Always in my heart.
Thank you.
Sonja and Angel Apollo.

mcdavis
03-25-2014, 10:53 PM
I think you may have been referring to my post Robert (and I still can't find the file, but I'm enjoying looking at all of my pics of Hamish while I search).
That is such a lovely story and as you say they never leave us - they live in our hearts and our memories.