PDA

View Full Version : Cushing's baby needs forever home

Squirt's Mom
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi ya'll,

A little male Bichon is in need of a forever home. He has Cushing's but I'm not sure which type yet. If anyone is interested in a new baby, please let me know.

Hugs,
Leslie

acushdogsmom
06-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Can you provide a few more details? Is this dog in the USA? Is he near where you live? Is he being fostered or is his situation very urgent? Age? etc. etc.

These things may make a difference in whether or not someone might be interested.

StarDeb55
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Included in those details are is there a confirmation of diagnosis? Is he on meds yet, & what kind? When was the last stim test? Do you know if he's stabilized on meds? Is there any access to prior lab work especially the diagnostic workup?

Deb

forscooter
06-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Leslie, I was thinking of Cushy myself or Heidi....OK if they read this and I am getting in trouble, I'll go back now to being known as Louise...:cool:

acushdogsmom
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Leslie, I was thinking of Cushy myself or Heidi....OK if they read this and I am getting in trouble, I'll go back now to being known as Louise...:cool:We're not looking for any new additions to our family right now, but you're not in trouble for thinking that I might be interested. ;)

I was just asking for some more information because if anybody out there is actually interested, they would likely need to know more than what Leslie posted.

Squirt's Mom
06-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi ya'll,

Here's what I know -

His name is Gino, he is 6 yrs. old, male-neutered, diagnosed with Cushing's (the "right" kind according to post), he is on medication but doesn't say which one or if stabilized. He is currently in a foster home, location unknown. He is in no danger of being PTS that I know of. The pic I got with the messages shows a good-looking fellow smiling at the camera, eyes shining.

I had no one in particular in mind when posting...just knew these are cush experienced folks and would give this baby the best chance he could have. So, I started here looking for a mom or dad who might have room in their hearts and homes for a new baby.

If anyone is interested, I will be glad to contact the rescue for more details.

Thanks,
Leslie